|Date Posted||16th April 2019|
At Ridgeway we are seeking a dedicated QA Executive who can provide a quality assurance service within our Project and Service teams to ensure that required quality assurance levels are achieved as part of Ridgeway’s project delivery processes.
About the Role
As a QA Executive you will not only be tasked with ensuring that website applications are delivered with highest levels of quality possible, but you will also be responsible for supporting and actively contributing to the continuous development and improvement of Ridgeway’s QA capability.
- Contribute to the creation of project plans by developing suitable test strategies.
- Plan the appropriate use of defined tools and/or methods to cover automated testing, performance, accessibility, usability, legal compliance, device/browser compatibility testing and load testing, which is suitable and appropriate for the project
- Assist the development team identify user journeys and scenarios
- Verify project specifications and designs against project requirements
- Estimate and quantify all QA tasks and effort within the project context – including planning, script writing and test execution
- Prepare and execute testing by writing test scripts in line with agreed plans and project strategies
- Document and log issues and provide feedback to the project team
- Log and triage all defects found during the project development lifecycle, through User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and into post-project warranty
- Produce detailed defect and test execution status reports
- Provide demonstrations of developing applications to team members and clients during the project lifecycle
Essential Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience within a commercial environment (such as a digital agency) creating and delivering test scripts against user stories and specification documents for medium and enterprise level websites
- Familiarity with relevant test tools and services, for example; Selenium, Microsoft Azure, Jasmine, Cucumber, SpecFlow, Katalon or similar as well as manual testing
- Strong Excel and Jira skills
- Excellent communication skills both in discussing and documenting issues and recommendations – including dealing with developers, internal managers and clients
- Broad understanding of website testing
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience delivering performance and load testing, using suitable tools
- Knowledge of development languages such as; .Net, SQL Server and HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with the Kentico CMS platform, or similar .Net CMS and e-commerce application(s)
- Previous evidence of developing and improving test processes
- Use of Visual Studio in creating, running and diagnosing automated tests
- Prior experience in a test role using TDD, Continuous Integration and/or automated testing
A rewarding place to work
A few added extras to boost your career and make life just that bit better.
- 25 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Ride To Work scheme and gym discounts
- Sonos sound system and shared Spotify playlist
- Excellent location with Witney town centre and the Cotswold countryside on the doorstep
- Scope to attend industry events including Kentico Connection, jQuery UK, Smashing, etc
- Break out area complete with Xbox, Wii, comfy sofa and TV
- Regular cake, fresh fruit, good coffee and beer on Fridays!
You can find out more about working for Ridgeway and apply via our website: https://www.ridgeway.com/careers/qa-executive