|at Obergine (view profile)|
|Date Posted||7th October 2015|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Obergine is an award winning Creative & Digital Marketing Agency that crafts brand stories to create useful, entertaining experiences that customers love on any device at any time.
For the past decade, we have cemented an impressive track record of delivering content managed information, ecommerce, campaign and corporate mobile/web sites and apps supported by digital marketing campaigns.
Our clients include Pan Macmillan, Porsche Club Great Britain, University of Oxford, Concha y Toro, Anya Hindmarch, Oxford University Press and Nielsen.
We are committed to helping all employees achieve their professional goals and fully develop their potential.
We are seeking an exceptional Business Development Manager with a proven track record of generating leads, raising company profile and successfully pitching for new business.
The emphasis of this role will be to develop and secure new accounts through industry contacts, research, networking and negotiating.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary with an exciting commission scheme, excellent training and the opportunity to grow and manage a sales team.
Taking ownership of prospect research and lead generation, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Take ownership of and manage the sales process through to completion
- Follow up inbound leads/enquiries and convert to sales
- Research and develop your own pipeline
- Research and execute tender opportunities
- Generate new business opportunities to build up a portfolio of new clients
- Cold-calling and meeting in-person, target audiences
- Attend exhibitions and networking events to raise the company profile
- Work with the marketing team to segment existing email contacts and create targeted email marketing lists
- Work with other members of staff to uncover sales opportunities
- Help grow the business by achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly targets and working towards the overall sales targets of the company
- Maintain accurate records and produce meaningful sales reporting
Profile and skills
The Business Development Manager must have a proven track record in B2B selling and preferably selling into corporate companies. You will have been in business for at least 10 years with a minimum of two years’ experience within the marketing and digital services industry.
You will have the ability to develop and implement a sales strategy, have a consultative style of selling and not be fazed by engaging with senior members of staff.
You will have skills that will include:
- Naturally, you 're charismatic, bright, articulate and presentable
- Being a proven “sales closer”
- Proven and successful experience of selling face to face and via the telephone
- Experience of writing and submitting proposals and tenders
- Thrive in a target driven environment
- Excellent understanding of the sales process and consultative sales techniques
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multitask and prioritise responsibilities;
- First class verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Good understanding of using LinkedIn
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You will have a strong work ethic, you will be enthusiastic, ambitious and business minded with the ability to influence and engage key decision makers
- Personal motivation and attitude
- Adapting and responding to change
- Resilient and able to cope with pressured situations
- Willing to go the extra mile
Package and benefits summary
- Competitive salary with exciting commission schem
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- ynamic and fast paced working environment located in central Oxford
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Working with great brands and clients
- Skills development