|at Micro:bit Educational Foundation (view profile)|
|Date Posted||4th May 2018|
This is optionally a remote position
We are looking for someone to provide vision, strategy, leadership and delivery of the education mission of the Micro:bit Educational Foundation, widening participation in digital creativity and removing barriers to entry. As an organisation we want to ensure the best quality of instruction and student learning. Thus, this role will lead on the development of instructional & curricular resources, training and certification of teachers, and developing programmes to support a community of teachers and ambassadors.
Education is at the heart of what we do and fundamental to achieving our mission “To inspire every child to create their best digital future.”
- Provide leadership and direction to a virtual team. Setting and monitoring KPI’s. Mentoring key individuals to ensure the Foundation has the focus and delivery capability.
- Recruit and manage contractors and external organisations to execute on deliverables. Build effective working relationships. Manage project budgets and act as an escalation for issues.
- Create brilliant curriculum linked resources that can be repurposed for global use.
- Curate the best of resources that are created by the micro:bit community globally
- Create and manage a programme of teacher professional development working in partnership with multiple partners
- Manage the learning content and overall editorial tone of the website.
- Refine the framework and determine the strategy to further development and implementation of the micro:bit education community worldwide. Working with Marketing and Global Engagement team to promote the community globally.
- Work with academic partners to further research the benefits of physical computing and the micro:bit. Delivery case study research for use by Minstry of Educations globally.
- Work closely with the tech team to provide teaching and learning expertise as they develop existing and future technology under an agile process.
- Provide the global engagement team with teaching and learning insight on request for different global settings
- Contribute and help refine the overall Foundations strategy.
- Keep up to date and communicate to the Foundation the latest developments in the sector
- Represent the Foundation at a high level externally within the areas of teaching, learning and pedagogy Raising the profile of the organisation and its reputation.
- Ability to travel when required
- Experience of creating high-quality curriculum resources
- Experience of creating high-quality teacher professional development resources and programmes
- Understanding of how to ensure effective student learning of computing with the use of physical computing devices
- Experience in delivering professional development training to a live audience or via video, webinars, seminars and classrooms.
- Commitment to broadening participation and diversity in technology
- Energetic, self starter able to create their own momentum
- Experience and knowledge of managing financial budgets and production schedules
- Has the ability to consider a range of problems and apply own judgement to create time critical solutions
- Ability to lead the team and outside organisations to create solutions that engage diverse audiences
- Highly developed planning and organising skills with the ability to manage complex projects and ensure delivery on time and to budget.
- Ability to establish relationships with a wide range of team members, partners and external organisations
- A passion and great knowledge of the education technology sector and micro:bit.
- Ability to represent the Foundation at a senior level
- Ability to create a culture of high performance and delivery of the strategy of the Foundation
- Experience of delivering projects with an agile project management approach
- Strong editorial skills and instincts
- 5 years experience at a senior level within the EdTech sector
- Formal education experience e.g teaching experience
- Great presentation skills
- Existing network within the EdTech community
We are a UK-based not-for-profit organisation with the global vision of helping every child to be an inventor. We are enabling children around the world to get creative with technology and invent in school, in clubs and at home! Our first year has shown that the BBC micro:bit encourage a higher percentage of girls to learn about technology. Our mission in The Foundation is to take the hardware, and the magical end-to-end experience provided by the online micro:bit editors, and make it available around the rest of the world.
We are part of a diverse, global micro:bit community of young people, teachers, and parent’s who value effective collaboration. We are committed to understanding and defining the technology education sector in order to present micro:bit users with a stable, tested release of all the things you need to make the unique and productive ‘end-to-end’ micro:bit experience.
One of the greatest benefits of working at micro:bit is knowing that the work you're doing is contributing to something positive, constructive and with beneficial social outcomes. All micro:bit Foundation employees may optionally use one (paid!) day per week to go and run activities with micro:bits in schools, clubs and tech camps, or to use micro:bit for outreach projects, demos, and examples. It's not unusual for our staff to travel around the UK or the world to make this happen.
We’re a small organisation with a large audience and reach. We thrive on creative problem solving and are open to new ideas and solutions. This gives each individual the chance to have enormous impact, as well as ensuring that your days will be diverse and the challenges complex.
Please apply via https://micro-bit-educational-foundation.workable.com/j/00B42B3A3A