|at Prolific (view profile)|
|Date Posted||27th June 2018|
Prolific (www.prolific.ac) brings people together to power the world’s research. It is the first scientific, highly scalable, ethical participant recruitment platform for researchers around the world. Quantitative and qualitative researchers, data scientists, and entrepreneurs all need valid and reliable data sources to make predictions about human behaviour, social change, and global developments. Thanks to our online platform, researchers collect responses fast and participants earn cash rewards for themselves or for charity. It takes 5 minutes to start data collection, there's no middleman, and the product easily integrates with any survey software. In a world of unreliable results, Prolific makes data trustworthy and connects the public with science.
In this role you will support and liaise with users and customers of Prolific. You will help researchers plan and set up their studies (for example, surveys, experiments) on Prolific’s platform, and provide advice about how best to make the most of our services. You’ll be a point of contact for many potential customers and will take advantage of opportunities to help market and grow the platform in the Researcher community.
You’ll also regularly pitch in with Participant support, to help give you a broad understanding of the platform. That is, you will respond to Participant queries and help settle any issues that may arise between Researchers and Participants, as well between Prolific and Participants (for example, prescreening or payment-related issues). Overall, you’ll help make sure everything runs smoothly, any necessary admin is taken care of, and if issues occur, you’ll help resolve them.
You will have an opportunity to learn about the startup ecosystem, about the lean startup approach, and about user acquisition techniques and growth strategies. More broadly, you will get the chance to learn about business and product development, data science, and diverse research areas in the social and natural sciences.
This is your chance to get involved in a fast-moving startup where you’ll have huge influence over the trajectory of the product. Since it’s a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to suggest how you can best add value, and make any recommendations about improving the processes and product. We're a fast-growing company and we want to help you grow with us.
- Flexibly manage day-to-day support of Researchers and Participants via our online tools
- Escalate any issues to the right place
- Regularly help with Participant support
- Have input into team discussions about how to best improve the product, and reflect the concerns of customers
- Pro-actively make improvements to processes and resources for supporting researchers
- Be mindful of the company’s KPIs and goals
- Experience in or knowledge of the research sector (ideally academia, market research, polling, and/or data science)
- Patience and a willingness to understand the underlying system so you know what questions to ask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and proactive attitude; you’re confident, but want to be challenged
- You care about quality, but you know how to be effective and efficient
- You’re empathetic, a great perspective taker, and have great interpersonal skills
- You’re excited about becoming part of an early-stage & fast-growing startup
Nice-to-haves (not required)
- Comfortable running queries on a database, and looking at monitoring tools to identify on-going issues
- Experience logging bug reports and with issue tracking software
- You have relevant or complementary technical skills (e.g., knowledge of programming languages such as Python, knowledge of Git/Github, experience in SEO)
- You’ve read our blog (http://blog.prolificacademic.co.uk/) so you know what kind of company we are, how we think, what we value
- Salary: £26,000-30,000 (p.a.), negotiable based on experience and qualifications, plus:
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice, you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space, flexible hours
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Flexible budget for any books and/or educational material
- Personal growth opportunities (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods)
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture
- Self-made cider and home-baked cookies J
How we interview & hire
Our hiring process usually begins with an introductory online interview to help you get to know us better, and vice versa. At this stage, we would like to better understand your motivation for the role, get to know about your interests and personality, and learn about any relevant past experience or skills you might have. If this initial interview is successful, we'd then invite you to complete an assignment (<2 hours, you'll be compensated for the time spent), which will be reviewed by our team. This will be followed by an in-depth, face-to-face interview in Oxford, UK, with the key people in our startup (CEO Katia, CTO Phelim, and COO Jim), which will provide an opportunity to discuss the assignment, explore value fit, which incentives you care about, and learn how you would work with the team on a daily basis.
What’s it like to work at Prolific?
Our core values:
Curiosity and openness: We like to think big, ask creative questions, and tackle difficult challenges
Transparency and honesty: We care about constructive debate and having transparent, democratic processes
Striving for excellence: We continuously seek to improve in all areas, but make sure we stay lean
Doing good: We care about research and want to empower scientists and companies to be more data-driven
You’ll be joining an enthusiastic team of eight based in Oxford, UK (although two of us work remotely, in Glasgow and Newcastle). If you’re interested in this role, please apply online at https://prolific.breezy.hr.