|at Oxford University Press (view profile)|
|Date Posted||20th April 2018|
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Global Academic (GA) Division publishes books, journals and digital resources for the research, professional and higher education markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Data and Analytics Manager role is an exciting and challenging opportunity to grow a data and analytics capability within Oxford University Press’ sales team. We are looking to add an ambitious and highly numerate individual who can excel in this role, taking an opportunity to demonstrate best practices in data and analytics. The focus of the role is deep analysis of the end-to-end sales processes, identifying and improving data quality, analysing for themes and answering ‘so what’ questions while also building better models which will help us reach more customers with our content.
In this role you will be required to manage large and complex datasets representing millions of customers, orders and sales interactions. You will be leveraging this vast dataset to spot business trends and provide meaningful analysis, building data driven models to understand customer behaviour and utilising statistical methods to understand where and how to improve our sales business.
Responsibilities will include to:
- Create and maintain data ensuring high levels of data quality and integrity.
- Deliver analytics to demonstrate new insights from our data.
- Provide information and analysis essential for sales planning, strategy development and ongoing performance improvement.
- Analyse sales trends to help identify opportunities for growth and development.
- Communicate findings senior leadership across the organisation helping to facilitate business decisions based on analysis.
- Able to develop and manage large and complex data to act as a basis for analysis.
- Numerate and skilled in the synthesis of granular data, spotting patterns, trends and anomalies, with an ability to distil it down into a well-structured story with clear implications.
- Confident presentation (both written and oral) skills to put findings from analysis and insight into clear terms which shapes decisions made by customers, senior management and other key groups across the organisation.
- Keen to develop knowledge and be seen as an expert to help others develop their skills to enhance our use of data throughout the organisations.
- Motivated and organised individual with a reliable approach to fulfilling data and insight needs.
- Enjoys problem solving and finding new solutions.
- Advanced user or Excel and understands databases e.g. MS SQL
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of data processing methodologies, research and analytic tools.
- Knowledge and experience of a research/analytical packages and report writing tools to deliver key insights; e.g. Minitab.
- Statistics background and/or Lean six sigma black belt.
Please contact Amelia.email@example.com if you have any queries relating to this vacancy.