|at Natter.ai (view profile)|
|Date Posted||9th March 2018|
At Natter.ai we specialise in natural language technologies, including AI, chatbots, remessaging and business intelligence.
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join the growing team at startup Natter.ai, you will analyse large amounts of raw data to find patterns and build models that will extract valuable business insights. You should be analysis-driven, with a head for maths and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. A passion for machine-learning and research would be advantageous.
We deliver cutting edge technologies to an exciting and diverse Client base. We encourage a philosophy of rapid prototyping.
Based in Oxfordshire, we have an informal, positive and flexible working environment. We are looking to build an excellent team that can help us deliver on our exciting growth plans.
Role & responsibilities
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualisation techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with development teams
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Strong background in statistics or econometrics: regression analysis, causal inference, univariate and multiple time series analysis, dynamic linear modelling/bayesian forecasting, interest in machine learning algorithms would be beneficial
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools and data frameworks
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Ability to prioritise among competing tasks
- Attention to detail
- Strong emphasis on quality assurance
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and people skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of website development, marketing, measurement and analytics, content management, digital marketing and internet technology
- Experience working in an agency or similar digital environment
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Part remote working. UK office based in Charlbury with great transport links
- Competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Opportunity to help shape the culture
- Generous benefits
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. No recruitment agencies please.