|Date Posted||29th March 2018|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency with offices near Oxford and in London. We provide marketing, design and digital services to a wide range of excellent clients on a national and international basis.
We’re looking for a talented DevOps specialist to join our friendly team.
You are a technical guru with experience of managing a range of dedicated and cloud based servers. Reporting into our Technical Director, you will work with our development team providing day-to-day support for the websites we create and host for our clients.
Role & responsibilities
- The provision, installation, configuration and maintenance of a number of web sites and applications across cloud and dedicated servers.
- Supporting the team's development infrastructure requirements, including continuous integration (CI) and code repositories (SVN/GIT).
- Maintaining a secure development and hosting infrastructure and dealing with any breaches or security threats.
- Handling support across our server and development environment and troubleshooting issues if and when they arise.
- Identifying and creating clear and effective documentation.
- Working with our IT Manager to provide additional support as required.
Technical skills & experience
- Extensive experience setting up and configuring LAMP environments.
- In-depth knowledge of net basics IP4/6, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S firewalling and load-balancing.
- Experience in virtual infrastructure set-up, deployment and management in cloud hosting solutions e.g. AWS, GCP.
- Detailed knowledge of database administration.
- Previous experience with Jenkins CI and the ability to script installations.
- An understanding of NodeJS hosting / application management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of developing and testing secure environments including penetration testing is desirable.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and information security management systems would be advantageous.
What we will offer you:
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org