|at Global Initiative (view profile)|
|Date Posted||2nd May 2018|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Global Initiative is looking for a DevOps specialist with a background in full stack development to join our lovely team in the city centre.
You live and breathe efficiency and delivery. Test driven development and automation are second nature to you and you may have experience or training in secure coding and principles such as OWASP. You have experience with server management and Xen VMs, with a working knowledge of a cloud based platform like AWS. You deplore having to do the same task more than twice and are more likely to write an Ansible or Puppet script, for example, to automate the requirement. You have probably worked on projects with complex, faceted search systems like ElasticSearch and Apache Solr. You have come from a developer background and are not afraid to muck in with a full stack project at any level. You might have experience in a modern PHP framework or might have had a go at Node.js or Django.
You are a team player with outstanding communication skills and are looking to move to a position with more responsibility. You have experience mentoring junior devs and have likely led your own project. You can't stop learning about new technologies and likely follow the top security minds on various platforms - and you can already think of at least one book this author should have read. You might have dabbled in mobile development or machine learning and have a couple of your own projects that you'd love to show us.
In exchange you will be able to help shape the way the company moves forwards from a solid foundation, while contributing to many and varied projects. You thrive off people's enthusiasm and return it in spades.
- LAMP stack experience
- Cloud technologies like AWS and Cloudflare
- SVN / GIT
- CLI tools
- Sysadmin experience
- Jenkins, CI / CD and automation
- TDD, including for PHP
- Faceted search like Apache SOLR or ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of Samba, email protocols and applications (eg Dovecot / Postfix)
- Experience with virtualisation technologies, ideally Xen
- Experience using CM and automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc
- Spent time mentoring / coaching
- Contributed in / championed knowledge sharing
You probably have
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 and information security management
- Security training
- Interest in AI / machine learning / NLP
- Node.js or other backend technologies
- Automated testing for mobile applications
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Ability to support both Mac and Windows users
We offer competitive salaries based on experience, as well as a range of benefits and, most importantly, you will have a real influence on where this role takes you.
If you think you have got what it takes, and you want to work in a dynamic and growing company in the heart of Oxford, then send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
As ever: no recruitment agents, thank you.