|at Oxford University Press (view profile)|
|Date Posted||15th May 2018|
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Global Academic (GA) division publishes a prestigious and award-winning range of online products such as Oxford Scholarship Online, the Oxford English Dictionary Online and Oxford Reference Online, as well as ~400 academic journals in a wide range of disciplines, both directly for OUP and on behalf of learned societies.
The Digital Content Delivery department is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of our digital content and related standards across the range of our online products, from locations in both the US and UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Content Delivery for Digital in our Global Academic division, the Digital Content Manager will lead a group comprising specialists responsible for delivering the digital content of a broad range of products, to appropriate quality, on schedule, and to budget. This role will:
- Provide leadership and management, ensuring an on-going culture of process improvement, collaboration, and transparency.
- Direct the planning and execution of new digital content initiatives, ensuring that content materials and approaches support the development of new digital outputs, including sites on our online platform(s).
- Develop and promote best practices, and lead initiatives both within Digital Content Delivery and involving other departments in the Global Academic division.
- Be responsible for ensuring the high performance required from members of staff and suppliers, through providing the skills, motivation and tools they need to meet expected standards of product and service delivery.
You will be an experienced manager with a strong interest in digital publishing.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of managing and leading high-performing teams, ideally including digital delivery.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong knowledge of digital content data considerations, including DTDs, the QA and validation of data, and content management systems/tools.
- Experience of working with HTML, XML, and XSLT or other data transformations.
- High degree of literacy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a digital publishing environment.
- Experience directing third-party suppliers.
- Experience of managing successful digital projects.
- Experience of presenting or delivering technical information to engage a non-technical audience.
- Experience of producing complete and concise business documents to influence stakeholder groups.
- Experience working with digital content across academic journals and/or books.
- Knowledge of digital publishing industry standards and developments.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries.
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY