|Date Posted||6th January 2016|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Salary: Dependent on experience
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency based near Oxford with an impressive list of clients. Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced Digital Director to join our established digital team.
Reporting into our Head of Digital, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting digital projects including websites, apps and marketing campaigns.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have a ‘can-do attitude’ and the ability to work effectively on multiple projects at any one time and be able to demonstrate evidence of managing web and digital projects to successful completion. You will be a creative thinker with a passion for all things digital and posses a thorough hands-on understanding of most popular web, mobile, and social technology platforms.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with our clients and internal teams to plan and lead digital and website projects including assisting with defining and documenting requirements for content, functionality and information architecture.
- Manage and coordinate website and app projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure they are delivered on time and to budget.
- Work closely with the UX, SEO, creative and development teams to recommend new, innovative and creative ways to meet and exceed client requirements.
- Monitor and report on website or digital campaign performance metrics to assess results and identify opportunities to increase effectiveness.
- Help to assess and decide the correct technologies and digital processes for the company to implement.
- Assist with new business pitches and proposals.
- Provide technical guidance to client services teams, supporting them in drafting and reviewing realistic plans, prioritising tasks and resourcing conflicts, and resolving technical issues.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working within a digital development environment, preferably within a web / digital agency.
- An in-depth knowledge of digital technologies and the online industry best practices.
- Proven experience of managing multiple digital and website projects within tight timescales
- A confident, can-do attitude with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of analysing and interpreting website analytical reports to improve campaign performance.
- A good technical understanding with the ability to write clear briefs and functional specifications plus communicate directly with web and app developers.
- A knowledge of website coding and development processes and methodologies.
- Experience of managing development of iOS or Android projects would be desirable.
- A creative mind and a good knowledge of design for exceptional user experience.
- The ability to learn quickly and understand complex information.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times.
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies would be desirable.
Torpedo is a digitally integrated creative agency. We offer a competitive salary negotiable depending on experience and a wide range of benefits including:
- Modern, professional yet informal marketing agency environment.
- Conferences & training.
- High-spec Apple Macs.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 22 days holiday (increasing to 25 days after 2 years service) + public holidays.
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Free pick ‘n’ mix sweets in the office.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
- Cakes on your birthday.
- Regular social events and a big summer party.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org