|at Oxford University Press (view profile)|
|Date Posted||4th March 2019|
The Global Academic division publishes a prestigious and award-winning range of print and digital products, including Oxford Journals, University Press Scholarship Online, the Oxford English Dictionary Online, and Oxford Reference Online.
Digital Operations is responsible for managing the development and ongoing maintenance and updating of Global Academic’s digital products, and our Digital Producers are the key point of contact for internal stakeholders and third party suppliers.
Digital resources include Oxford Academic, Oxford Scholarship, Oxford Reference, Dictionary of National Biography, and Oxford Medicine.
We are looking for a results-driven Digital Producer to ensure that OUP’s portfolio of digital products are robustly managed and that new products and product updates are delivered on time, to scope and budget. Pragmatic and proactive, the successful candidate will need to have a confident but collaborative approach with proven experience of working on digital products.
- Managing updates to live digital products by scheduling, co-ordinating, testing, and publishing the updates to agreed schedule, scope, and budget.
- Co-ordinating all activities for live digital products, to ensure that digital products meet business and user needs.
- Monitor and report regularly on progress against targets for live digital products, escalating any risks to those targets in order that appropriate corrective action can be taken.
- Manage work packages in support of digital product projects and platform development and delegate tasks effectively to Digital Assistants and freelancers, in order that the work packages meet the targets of scope, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Managing software development suppliers for digital products by proactively monitoring performance to ensure their work meets our requirements, and by ensuring expectations are clear, documentation is accurate, and processes are sustainable.
- Supporting effective teamwork by adhering to standardized processes, by participating in training in new processes, by sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues to ensure all staff are aware of processes and problems and benefit from specialist expertise, and by providing support to colleagues during busy periods and periods of holiday.
- Defining and documenting best practice in order to continually improve processes, workflows, and systems and to maximise efficiency.
We are looking for someone with:
- Production, software delivery, or publishing experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability to carry out tasks independently and responsibly, ensuring quality standards, costs, and schedules are adhered to.
- The ability to work with individuals at all levels of seniority to deliver agreed outputs.
- The confidence and collaborative skills to build relationships with internal stakeholders and to manage external suppliers.
- Aptitude to acquire new technical skills.
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Awareness of project management methodologies.
- An understanding of industry standards related to digital products.
For any queries in relation to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Closing date 25 March 2019
Please apply via the OUP job board: https://jobs.oup.com/uk/jobs/vacancy/digital-producer-0697-oup-uk---oxford/715/description/
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve, and encourage applications from people of all ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.