|at Ridgeway (view profile)|
|Date Posted||6th February 2017|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
We are currently seeking a front-end developer for web and responsive mobile applications to be part of our expanding development team, developing first-class user interfaces that are pixel perfect using HTML and CSS.
Working within a growing team of designers, front-end developers and .Net developers, you will have an opportunity to be involved in shaping the user interface for a varied range of projects. Reporting to the project leads and Development Manager, there is huge scope to develop your front-end skills on technically demanding and creatively rewarding projects for clients both small and large.
About the role
The role will require the candidate to work on projects which vary in size from a few days to several months, comprising:
- .Net web application development
- Assisting with scoping, requirements capture, time estimates and other project documentation
- Assisting with functional and technical specification documents
- Testing and support
Working collaboratively with our team of designers, front-end developers and .Net developers, you will have an opportunity to be involved in varied roles within projects. You will also promote front-end developments to the wider team as well as supporting the mentoring culture within the development team. Reporting directly to the Development Manager, there is huge scope to build on your experience with a wide range of technically demanding projects for clients both large and small, and carve a niche for yourself within the agency.
Essential skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in contributing to large scale and responsive websites
- Have good knowledge of HTML and CSS, with a healthy obsession for clean, semantic HTML
- Have experience using CSS pre-processors such as SASS/Less
- Be able to make autonomous decisions relating to front end processes and test own work effectively
- Have knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices as well as of progressive enhancement and it’s benefits
- Have good aesthetic sensibilities and an eye for detail
- Have an eagerness to learn and develop
Desirable skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previously worked in an agency environment
- Have experience with GIT version control
- Understand using AJAX to communicate with API’s
- Be confident using the terminal/command line
- Have knowledge and experience of build systems (Grunt, Gulp)
- Have experience of writing reliable functional tests to verify new features/refactored code
Competitive salary which is subject to skills and experience. Please state your salary requirements on application.
The role is available in out Witney studio in Oxfordshire
We only accept direct applications and request agencies are respectful of this
We are an equal opportunities employer, and strongly support diversity in our team.