|at Global Initiative (view profile)|
|Date Posted||2nd May 2018|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Global Initiative is looking for a Graduate / Junior Web Developer to join our growing team in the heart of Oxford.
You are about to enter the world of work and are ready to hit the ground running. You may have spent some time over the summer looking after a company's website and smashed it. You have experience with a content management system like Drupal and probably had a go at writing your own custom module or extension. You know there's more to this and want to find a team that will help you grow.
Your role will be to support the development of client and internal projects. You are a great communicator and have no worries about getting stuck into a new problem. You are at ease in a team and confident enough to contribute ideas to the conversation.
In return you want to grow into a full stack developer, or perhaps you want to specialise in creating stunning and seamless front-ends, or complex APIs, or delve into machine learning, or even have a leaning towards mobile tech. You will have the opportunity to explore every inch of digital production we touch, surrounded by a team that wants to push themselves every day.
You will have
- Relevant degree although we will also consider A-Levels / Apprenticeships with relevant experience
- Insatiable appetite for all things digital
- Experience with web technologies, either frameworks or content management systems
- A couple of your own projects you want to show us
- Experience of PHP / MySQL
Bonus points if you have
- Created custom themes or modules / extensions within a CMS
- Played around with Python / Django
- Experience with a modern framework such as Laravel or Symphony 2
- Experience with a JS framework like Ionic or Typescript
- User version control systems like GIT or SVN
- Used CLI tools in Linux
If you think you have got what it takes, and you want to work in a dynamic and growing company in the heart of Oxford, then send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
As ever: no recruitment agents, thank you.