|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Date Posted||31st May 2018|
Torchbox (https://torchbox.com/) is looking for a part-time HR Manager to join the team in either our Oxfordshire office on the edge of the Cotswolds, or in our Central Bristol office, on the basis of 22.5 hours per week (negotiable).
Working as part of our Operations team, you’ll have varied responsibilities and will thrive working in a role which requires flexibility and successfully managing a range of tasks and priorities.
- Advise the Senior Management Team on HR procedures and on the practical application of these.
- Work with Line Managers to ensure company policies and processes are followed at all times.
- Coach managers on all best practice processes and employment law, supporting them with employee relations matters.
- Managing the recruitment process; carrying out screening interviews and all on-boarding activities, ensuring the best talent is sourced and retained.
- Make recommendations for and drive the bi-annual appraisal process/performance management programme.
- Monitor leave allowances; calculating figures for monthly payroll.
- Input into and implement company-wide employee engagement initiatives.
- Communicate key statistics and employee survey results to the SMT, providing insights and advising on actions required.
- Ensure the Staff Handbook, HR procedures and systems are kept up to date and are fully utilised to the benefit of the company.
- Reviewing HR and company policies on an ongoing basis and updating the intranet accordingly.
- Providing advice on job design, updating internal role profiles as necessary.
- Managing new starter and leaver processes; carrying out induction activities and exit interviews.
- Producing correspondence and documents as required.
- Make recommendations on how the HR resource should be structured in the future.
- Oversee Data Protection procedures in line with GDPR.
- Assist with and take the lead on ad hoc projects when required.
What you will need:
- To be successful in this role you will have proven experience working at HR Manager level and be passionate about HR.
- Knowledge of HR best practice and relevant employment law is essential.
- You will be CIPD qualified or working towards the qualification.
- You will know about modern trends in appraisals and performance management systems appropriate to a digital agency like Torchbox.
- Experience of dealing with employee relations issues to achieve positive outcomes in line with best practice.
- You’ll be a credible self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- You will have the ability to facilitate creative problem solving/resolution techniques.
- A good theoretical and practical knowledge of drafting contracts, performance management, HR planning and resourcing is vital.
- You will be friendly and approachable, and an excellent communicator who is professional and discreet handling confidential and sensitive information.
- You’ll be great at building relationships both internally and with external contacts and organisations.
- You’ll have good IT skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Flexibility to travel between offices 1-2 times per month as required.
In return we'll offer:
- A salary commensurate with experience.
- Performance related bonuses.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata), plus bank holidays.
- 5% company pension contributions into an ethical pension fund.
- Health Plan & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance scheme.
- Childcare vouchers scheme.
- Bike to Work scheme.
Torchbox is a Best Companies 3-star accredited employer. We offer a great working environment, with a high quality team; Wednesday lunches with your colleagues: BBQs in the summer, curries and stews in the winter; occasional amazing company trips and more.
Interested? Apply now explaining why we'd be crazy not to invite you in for an interview.
Torchbox is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies, thank you.