|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Date Posted||13th November 2017|
Here at Torchbox (https://torchbox.com/) we're looking for a Python Developer to join our team in Charlbury, Oxfordshire or Central Bristol in this entry-level position, helping us build a wide range of bespoke apps for our lovely, interesting clients.
- Ideally, have experience of SQL.
- Have basic command line skills.
- Be familiar with using source control (Git).
- Have the ability to analyse information needs and convert these into code.
- Be able to understand and accurately implement a technical specification.
- Be able to analyse and improve the performance of a piece of software.
- Have the ability to estimate time required for the build of a feature.
- Be able to produce high-quality technical documentation.
- Be capable of administering own development environment.
- Be able to produce high-quality bug-free code to budget.
- Provide tests to support code.
- Be able to contribute to high-quality technical specifications.
For bonus points, you’ll have:
- Mobile web apps
- Redis / MongoDB / another non-rel DB
- Basic Linux sysadmin
- Unit testing
We'd love you to have a current technical blog and/or an active Github profile too. Maybe you're interested in Swift / Go / something we haven't heard of - tell us about it!
As well as the technical knowledge, you'll also:
- Have good written, spoken and presentational communication skills.
- Participate in educational opportunities in your field, and be great at sharing learning and ideas.
- Seek out and remain up to date with state-of-the-art developments in relevant software field and share your learning.
- Be able to assist a client with improvement and further development of their software.
- Be able to manage your time effectively, demonstrating an awareness of deadlines.
- Proactively communicate with colleagues and update project managers on a project.
In return we'll offer:
An opportunity to work on some high profile projects for some fantastic organisations.
- Performance related annual bonus.
- Conference allowance.
- 25 days annual leave.
- 5% Pension contribution into an ethical pension fund.
- Life Assurance, Health Scheme, childcare vouchers, Bike to Work scheme, flexible working and more.
Torchbox is a Best Companies 3-star accredited employer. We offer a great working environment, with a high-quality team; weekly lunches with your colleagues: BBQs in the summer, curries, pizzas and stews in the Winter; great company social events and more.
Torchbox is an Equal Opportunities employer.
No agencies, please.