|Date Posted||29th March 2018|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency with offices near Oxford and in London. We provide marketing, design and digital services to a wide range of excellent clients on a national and international basis.
We’ve got an excellent opportunity for an analytically-minded Junior SEO to join our digital engagement team. The role will involve working across a range of clients, and you’ll be involved on the various website projects that we undertake. Ultimately, you’ll be helping to ensure that the websites we produce “go live” with SEO best practices in place.
You will enjoy proactively staying on top of the latest SEO and digital news, trends and best practices, and have an understanding of the latest algorithm updates across the major search engines.
What will you be responsible for:
- Supporting the SEO Manager to optimise websites prior to them going live.
- Helping to identify potentially problematic technical issues on our clients’ websites, (e.g. crawl errors, broken links and pages, site speed, mobile usability, problems with backlink profiles) and advising the SEO Manager of any problems.
- Assisting with campaign analysis, using Google Analytics and other tools.
- Carrying out research in to client’s competitors.
- Running performance reports for clients as requested Google Analytics and other tools.
What it takes to be successful:
- A desire to work in an SEO/web development role and looking for that first step in their career.
- Have a data driven, analytical mind and strong maths skills.
- Basic knowledge of popular SEO and keyword research tools such as Search Metrics, SEM Rush, Majestic, Open Site Explorer, Google Keyword Planner etc.
- Basic understanding of Google Search Console & Google Tag Manager
- Some knowledge of HTML & CSS, also understanding of sitemaps and robots.txt
- A personable, confident communicator, comfortable working with internal teams, as well as facing clients for meetings, training sessions or new business pitches.
- Proficient in MS Excel and able to use functions such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s
- Works with high standards, an organised approach and acute attention to detail.
What we will offer you:
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com