|at Ingenta (view profile)|
|Date Posted||29th January 2018|
We are seeking a Linux Database Administrator to support and develop the computing infrastructure of Ingenta with particular focus on database maintenance and development. You will be required to participation in the 24x7 on call support rota with some overnight stays required (5% travel).
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of data integration solutions through design, build and test phases for both the standard CMS/IC platforms and individual customer deployments
- Working with Online Solutions Division customers to develop and understand data integration requirements
- Day to day database housekeeping and monitoring including backups and recovery
- Provide database technical support and advice to the engineering team
- Linux Systems Administration support for hosted customer solutions
- Administration and support of our cloud based deployments (AWS & Azure)
- Infrastructure support.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a customer facing support role and may have worked in a live development/support role across multiple systems. You will be team orientated with the ability to work unsupervised, have attention to detail and be able to follow complex instructions.
Essential skills needed:
- Extensive Oracle DBA experience with Oracle
- Solid understanding of Oracle RDBMS including monitoring and performance
- SQL/PLSQL coding
- Experience with Postgres
- Effective team working skills
- Data Modelling
- Application maintenance and support experience with Apache / Java / JBoss
- Exposure to Linux – Ubuntu, Debian, SLES, etc.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Access / Visual Basic
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Azure
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference DO264.
Ingenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Enabling information providers of any size and in any space to create, manage and monetise their content effectively through innovative software solutions and consulting.
Ingenta is the world-leading provider of content solutions that transform business. We cover the publishing process from end to end with our suite of commercial products, content and advertising solutions plus client support and professional services packages. Combining our unmatched publishing knowledge, global operations and customer support with our extensive technology products and service offerings, we offer the industry’s only full spectrum of solutions to help publishers manage and monetise their IP effectively and bring content to life. Listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange, the company operates jointly from Europe (Oxford) and North America (Boston and New Jersey), with local offices in Brazil, India and China. Assisting over 450 trade and scholarly publishers for nearly 40 years, Ingenta solves the fundamental issues content providers face.