|at White October|
|Date Posted||6th July 2015|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
We are hiring a Mid-level Web Designer
Are you a creative Mid-level Interaction Designer with a passion for web and mobile? Do you love designing beautiful digital interfaces that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex tasks?
We’re looking for a talented and inspiring designer, who has several years industry experience to join the team at White October, a growing digital agency in Oxford.
Working within the energetic design team you'll be part of Oxford's most exciting web development agency. It’s an opportunity to work on a wide variety of innovative web and mobile apps, for clients including new startups and international businesses.
You will be responsible for creating engaging, user-friendly visual designs across a wide variety of digital channels and devices for external clients. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and self motivated to join a team in which everyone’s contributions count.
You will be required to:
- Create beautiful visual designs for web and mobile applications.
- Work collaboratively within a team of clients, designers and developers.
- Have a solid understanding of user-experience.
- Deliver user-centred content from idea generation, sketching, and prototype development, through to final design concepts.
- Be involved in workshops e.g User story mapping, content hierarchy, user-testing.
- Become an active member of the design team, contributing to design and process reviews, and helping to raise the profile of the team.
- Create graphic elements, illustrations, logos and icons.
- Take existing designs/branding and extend them across a full site.
- Work with production and development teams to guide final implementation of designs..
You will have:
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience.
- The understanding of how to manage a design project in a team to deliver the right level of design.
- The ability to demonstrate your thought process and explain your design decisions as well as give and receive constructive criticism.
- A digital design portfolio that demonstrates your skills and creativity across a variety of platforms.
- Excellent design skills – original and displaying a variety of styles including a solid understanding of typography, colour and layout. A high attention to detail and consistency.
- An understanding of coding (HTML/CSS).
- A creative, positive, self-motivated approach and able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Eager to learn and stay on top of new developments, with a flexible attitude towards trying new techniques or ways of working.
Nice to haves:
- Experience coding (HTML/CSS).
- Understanding of Agile principles.
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator.
25 days holiday, plus public and bank holidays
Up to 2 paid hack days
3% matched company pension
Why White October?
Ask anyone at White October and they will tell you that our talented team is at the core of everything we do.
We understand that we are not an agency that builds products, but an agency that builds people who build products. This means that we are deeply collaborative, with flat, multi-disciplinary teams working closely with each other and our clients. It’s an exciting and inspiring place to work, where every day can be completely different, and everyone’s opinion counts.
Everyone has their own training and conferences budget and there is a policy that gives you time in lieu for attendance at hack days. We actively encourage each other to get involved in the digital community in Oxfordshire and further afield, whether it be a show and tell session in the office, or speaking at a conference in Barcelona. Did we mention that we run our own big industry events like All Your Base, and jQueryUK? These are inspiring, enjoyable days that the whole agency gets involved with.
We’re a sociable bunch: often enjoying getting together in the multitude of cafés, gigs, museums and pubs that Oxford has to offer. Not to mention there’s a company trip abroad once a year.
It’s a fast pace and challenging environment, but we think you’ll love it here as much as we do!
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? If so email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering letter, CV and portfolio and we will be in touch. For any recruitment agents lurking out there - sorry, we'd like direct contact with designers only.