|Date Posted||20th July 2017|
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency based near Oxford. We provide marketing, design and digital services to a wide range of excellent clients on a national and international basis. And we’re looking for a talented Motion Director to lead and drive forward our motion projects.
You will need to be an experienced creative with a proven track record for planning, creating and delivering motion projects across a range of brands and industries. Your role will be to lead Torpedo’s motion team and drive the creative development and production of all motion projects, from videos and animations, through to motion graphics and everything in between.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, growing agency and play a key role in an exciting part of the business.
Role & responsibilities
- Work closely with our talented creative, digital and client service teams to lead the creative process and deliver motion solutions which exceed client expectations.
- Guide our motion and video specialists – and trusted external production partners - to ensure that all motion projects are delivered on time and to the highest possible standards.
- Drive the development process of all motion projects, from creating storyboards and concept videos/animatics, through to attending shoots and overseeing the edit and final export across multiple formats.
- Draw on your experience and technical knowledge to represent Torpedo at new business meetings and pitches as our lead motion specialist.
- Lead the charge for bringing new motion technology and techniques to the team ie; VR/AR, as part of a process of continual improvement and innovation.
Technical skills & experience
- Excellent knowledge of the technical and production aspects of motion design and a natural ability to quickly understand complex information and turn it into exciting, engaging stories.
- Extensive hands-on experience of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including After Effects and Premiere, is essential for the role – working knowledge of Autodesk Maya, Max and C4D would be an advantage.
- Strong colour, typography, illustration, storyboarding, visualisation and animation skills combined with a positive ‘can-do’ highly organised approach.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills combined with the ability to lead and manage diverse internal and external project teams.
- A genuine passion for all things design and motion related, with a relentless desire to push the boundaries of design and production.
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Cakes on your birthday.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.