|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Date Posted||27th November 2017|
Here at Torchbox (https://torchbox.com/) we are seeking an experienced and proactive Operations Director to be part of our leadership team.
If this is you, you’re the sort of person who makes things happen. You see opportunities, formulate practical solutions and drive through improvements. You are process driven and ensure that everyone is following the company process with consistency.
You resolve issues effectively - you see real problems and you are comfortable with conflict, solving any problems in a practical and healthy way.
You’re experienced enough to guide forward the project management and operations teams that you’ll be leading. And, you’re commercially astute so that you are always making the right calls for the business.
- Analysis of current operational processes, proposing and implementing significant changes and enhancements to ensure continuous improvement.
- Inspiring and mentoring the PM and Operations teams through effective line management and leadership.
- Working with the Senior PM team, overseeing high value, complex projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget every time.
- Monthly reporting and analysis for the Senior Management Team to aid decision-making and process improvement.
- Strategic and operational planning with the SMT, ensuring actions are effectively embedded into operational and project management activities.
- Reporting on quality and efficiency, ensuring the QA process runs effectively and a high standard of work is a key consideration across all project stages.
- Working with Account Directors including negotiating on contract terms, pricing, and possible variations during the course of a project.
- Work with our new business team, supporting pre-sales activity where required to ensure our proposals and pitches are aligned with our practices.
You will have:
- Proven experience delivering excellent results in a related role, ideally within an agency environment.
- Experience of leading teams; setting and implementing objectives to ensure efficient delivery and continuous improvement.
- A strong understanding of digital work and project management; you’re at ease with the technical details and comfortable with strategy as well.
- You’re a creative thinker and have plenty of experience in finding solutions when something isn’t working well.
- A thorough understanding of best practice for optimal operational performance.
- A proactive approach to continuous improvement.
- Great written and verbal communication skills. You’ll know when to listen, too.
- The ability to always be thinking about the operational and commercial performance of the project management side of the business to ensure it is as effective as possible.
- Budget and cost management experience, and the ability to report concisely on the commercials.
- Confidence managing your own and your team’s time effectively even when there are lots of competing demands.
- A keen interest in the latest thinking and trends, reading widely around relevant subjects, attending industry events and bringing in new ideas to the team.
In return you'll benefit from an enviable office environment either on a beautiful country estate on the edge of the Cotswolds, or in our office in the bustling centre of Bristol.
We offer 25 days annual leave, annual bonus, an ethical pension scheme (5% company contribution), Life Assurance, Health scheme, Childcare vouchers, Bike2Work scheme, flexible working and more. On Wednesdays we all eat lunch together (BBQs in summer, stews and curries in the Winter), and have some great company social events throughout the year.
Interested? Apply now explaining why we'd be crazy not to interview you.
Torchbox is an equal opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies please.