|at Alberon (view profile)|
|Date Posted||6th September 2016|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Alberon is a thriving software and web development company. We build web-based software applications and websites, and we work with a range of companies and other organisations in and around Oxfordshire. We’re looking for a skilled PHP developer, or a bright graduate who is quick to learn, to join our team. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join us and work on an exciting and varied range of projects.
First and foremost, you must be passionate about building high quality, easy to use websites & software.
Experience of content management systems such as WordPress and MVC frameworks such as Laravel would be beneficial.
You should be comfortable liaising with clients directly, both during the development phase and providing technical support in later phases.
Technologies we work with
As a development agency we get to work with a variety of different software. Experience of / interest in any of the following would be helpful, but none are essential - it is more important that you can learn new systems quickly and develop to a high standard.
- Our preferred CMS is WordPress. We also work with a range of others including Drupal, Joomla, CMS Made Simple and some bespoke systems.
- Our preferred MVC framework for application development is Laravel. We have also worked with Symfony, CakePHP and Zend Framework.
- We use Git for version control and deployment.
- Our development servers run Ubuntu. We manage these using the command line (SSH) and Ansible.
- Our live servers run CentOS with cPanel/WHM. These have a web-based control panel, but we sometimes need to use the command line for more advanced configuration.
- We use Campaign Monitor for email marketing.
- We optimise websites for SEO, and we also help clients with social media strategies (Facebook, Twitter, etc). This sometimes includes integrating websites with social media sites using their APIs.
We sometimes work with other technologies too, such as Perl, Ruby, Python, Node.js, ASP.NET, Classic ASP, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, or whatever our clients need help with – so there could be an opportunity for you to expand into these other areas if you are interested.
More about the job
This is a great opportunity to work in a varied development role, working on exciting projects alongside our relaxed, friendly and professional team. Because we work across many different industries, we get to use a variety of different technologies so there's always something new to learn! As a company we're committed to keeping at the cutting edge and we're looking for someone who'd like to help us do this and develop their own skills at the same time.
The office is in central Oxford within walking distance of public transport. Car parking is available too.
Hours: 37 per week. We’re flexible about working hours, within reason.
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
Holiday entitlement: 20 days plus 8 bank holidays.
Free parking close to Oxford city centre
Flexible working hours
Regular developer team meetings and training sessions
Training and personal development
Free tea & coffee and snacks
How to apply
To apply, please click the button below, or send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be right for the role by email to email@example.com. Please include examples of code you have written, or include a link to your GitHub account/website/etc.
No recruitment agencies.