|Date Posted||13th March 2017|
<catchy_tagline>Are you our missing element?</catchy_tagline>
Crossref makes scholarly content easy to find, cite, link, and assess by collecting and sharing metadata from our 6000 member publishers worldwide. We are a small team with a big impact, and we’re looking for a Product Support Specialist in our central Oxford office to provide front-line help to our international community of publishers, technology & service providers, librarians, and researchers. In this role you’ll support users with a wide range of technical expertise, helping them utilise tools ranging from robust APIs to simple user interfaces to create and retrieve metadata. You’ll also work closely with product, outreach, and engineering to develop and deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Triage product or technical queries (mostly through our ticketing system but some twitter, facebook, blog comments, instant messaging, live chat, community forum, etc.) and escalate as necessary
- Quickly assess a query, identify core root of issue, and work with customer to address it
- Proactively communicate with members about technical and metadata issues
- Identify high-impact user issues and work with product managers to inform future development
- Monitor operational metrics weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Experienced with APIs and digital content
- Experienced with or interested in XML and metadata as well as scholarly research and information science
- Experienced with Zendesk, Github and JIRA or similar support and issue management software
- Bonus: experience with shell scripting, UNIX basics and JSON
- Can clearly express complex technical information to technical and non-technical users via many media including email, chat, and phone
- Can divine the real issue at hand even when it’s not well understood by our customers
- Extremely organized and can maintain order in a dynamic environment, independently managing multiple priorities
- A collaborative and can-do attitude, able to dive deep into and rapidly learn new systems
- You enjoy speaking with people from a range of diverse backgrounds and you can make the complex seem clear for non-native English speakers
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter that elaborates on the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Tell us three interesting things about your troubleshooting approach and style for technical issues.
- Tell us why we should hire you.
We provide a competitive benefits package.