|at Oxford University Press (view profile)|
|Date Posted||13th September 2017|
Oxford University Press (OUP) is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
About the role
Our digital and print products and services aim to take Learners from first words to fluency, equipping them with the skills and competencies to pass proficiency exams, gain entry to universities, access better jobs and improve their lives and the lives of their families.
We’re looking for two enthusiastic, self-motivated; delivery focussed Project Managers to join our growing team within ELT’s Portfolio Delivery Team. You will work on a variety of projects focusing on the systems and business processes needed to support our publishing programme and ecosystem (e.g. online education platforms, content, assessment, e-commerce, fulfillment).
You will manage projects to support key business initiatives, working with stakeholders to prepare project proposals and plans, managing and influencing teams, and guiding projects in order that they deliver the solution and benefits, within time and budget, and to the agreed level of quality.
You will need to develop and maintain close links with stakeholders at all levels, and challenge business requirements, propose options, seek approval, work with suppliers and internal teams.
The role involves:
- Partnering with senior stakeholders to shape and mobilise projects.
- Create and manage high-performance project teams, identifying project resources and managing virtual teams.
- Managing stakeholders and regular project reporting, acting as the key role for project success.
- Proactively controlling project budgets, schedules, risks, and resolution of issues.
- Managing projects through stage gate approvals.
- Transitioning into business as usual and ensuring ongoing support arrangements have been made.
- Verifying that technical designs and solutions meet the evolving needs.
- Managing developers (including in-house, 3rd party, and off-shore teams) during the development phase of projects.
This is an exciting and challenging role requiring a versatile individual with excellent analytical and people skills, including:
- Project management skills, gained by managing a range of projects through the complete project life cycle.
- Experience of both agile, iterative and waterfall project delivery.
- Experience of delivering technology projects for the development, integration and implementation of software applications, ideally gained in a publishing or media environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, first rate communication and interpersonal skills, ability to influence senior non-technical and technical staff.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to concurrently manage several projects and deliver the required solutions on time and to budget.
- Experience in a global organisation of using in-sourced and out-sourced services.
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and managing 3rd party development projects.
- Team player, who is comfortable working in a fast moving environment.
Competitive depending on skills and experience.
To apply please visit: https://eu1.advorto.com/OUP/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=21807