|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Date Posted||19th January 2017|
Looking for your next big technical challenge? Are you comfortably settled in your current role and need a new project to provide the next step in your career? If so, we think we could help you with that...
Torchbox are looking for an experienced developer who has delivered successful projects using Drupal to join our team on a 12-month contract. Torchbox specialises in the UK charity and NGO sector, so you’ll be working with Drupal for clients who make a positive contribution to society. We choose our clients very carefully: they must share our values and demonstrate realistic budgets, timescales and level of engagement to be considered a good fit. Our client retention rate is excellent and many of our clients consider us a long term partner to help them meet (and very often exceed) their digital objectives.
You'll work alongside talented developers, designers and project managers in either the lovely surroundings of our Oxfordshire office or our trendy, central Bristol office.
You can expect to architect and work on a wide range of diverse and interesting projects that include: internationalisation (i18n), e-commerce, headless Drupal and integration with a number of popular CRMs and services such as Salesforce, MS Dynamics and Mailchimp to name a few. Torchbox are always looking to deliver elegant and innovative solutions for our clients.
Do you live far away?
With two offices and staff who occasionally work out of the office we have the processes, tools and culture in place to allow us to consider applications from talented people who aren’t able to relocate or travel into our offices on a regular basis.
Existing family commitments during the week?
We may be able to negotiate a part time role or flexible hours, providing it is practical for us and you.
To get the best out of this position you will need:
- Evidence of delivering high quality, performant websites or services using Drupal.
- To demonstrate knowledge of drupal.org coding standards and best practice.
- Confident and clear communication and problem solving/fault diagnosis skills.
- A firm technical grasp of Drupal and related services like Apache Solr, Elastic search, Varnish or frameworks such as Symfony or Silex.
- The ability to tailor solutions to match client budgets and deadlines.
- Be able to support our sales team by helping with tender responses and attending client pitches.
- To be comfortable providing technical mentoring for other developers and deliver technical training to external clients.
- The ability to take technical ownership of large, complex Drupal projects with a focus on performance and technical quality.
- To share our values.
Desirable qualities to have:
- Hands on experience with Drupal 8.
- Involvement with the Drupal or wider technology community.
- Past experience with multilingual Drupal sites.
- Past experience working with Drupal commerce.
- Proven experience with tools such as Vagrant or Docker.
- Experience with headless Drupal, or using Drupal as a service.
- Experience of tuning a Drupal stack: MySQL performance tuning, code profiling with tools like Blackfire or New Relic, diagnosing performance bottlenecks.
- Prior agency experience.
- Prior line management or developer mentoring experience.
- Experience speaking at local events, or bigger.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to work on some high profile, high traffic Drupal websites.
- Well managed projects and great clients.
- A salary to match your experience
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Conference allowance.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days annual leave.
- 5% pension contributions in an ethical pension fund.
- Wednesday lunches with your colleagues: BBQs in the summer, curries, pizza and stews in the winter.
- A comfortable and stimulating working environment.
- Company trips such as punting, picnics or skiing, and Christmas presents like Pebble watches or Amazon Echo dots.
- An opportunity to join in and help with our ever popular Christmas cards.
What you can expect when you get the job:
- Your equipment ready for use when you start.
- A comprehensive induction plan covering all aspects of Torchbox’s operations.
- We aim to have you complete a piece of real client work in your first week.
Please get in touch and tell us why you would be a good fit for the role. To demonstrate that you've read this far please include the phrase 'DRUPALDEV2017' somewhere obvious in your covering letter.
Torchbox is an equal opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies, thank you.
Apply via our jobs page: www.torchbox.com