|Date Posted||11th February 2016|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Senior iOS App Developer
Salary: Dependent on experience
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency based near Oxford with an impressive list of clients. Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our established mobile development team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting apps, marketing campaigns and digital projects.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively throughout the complete life cycle of a mobile project. You will be a creative thinker with a passion for all things digital and a portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates your skills and capabilities in the mobile app arena.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build a wide variety of mobile applications from scratch, principally for iOS, but possibly also for other platforms such as Android
- Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes other developers, UX specialists, UI designers and project managers
- Develop great, tested code of the highest quality
- Work on bug-fixing and improving existing mobile applications
- Work in a variety of development processes, including Agile
- Be a part of code reviews to improve quality standards
- Help standardize and improve quality control processes and see they are enforced
Technical Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional software development
- Minimum of 2 years professional, native iOS software development
- Proficient with Objective-C and object-oriented programming concepts, including design patterns
- Experience with delivery, provisioning, and distributing iOS applications
- Experience working with Apple frameworks including Core Data, Core Animation and Core Graphics, as well as using Autolayout
- Understanding of web services and back-end integration, including JSON & XML
- Understanding of memory management, both manual and ARC
- Experience with Git, understanding branching workflows
- Experience of Apple’s HCI guidelines
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times
- Android experience desirable although not essential
- Previous digital agency experience preferred, but not essential
Torpedo is a digitally integrated creative agency. We offer a competitive salary negotiable depending on experience and a wide range of benefits including:
- Modern, professional yet informal marketing agency environment.
- Conferences & training.
- High-spec Apple Macs.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 22 days holiday (increasing to 25 days after 2 years service) + public holidays.
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Free pick ‘n’ mix sweets in the office.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
- Cakes on your birthday.
- Regular social events and a big summer party.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org