|Date Posted||27th September 2018|
Role: Senior PHP Developer
Educake is an award-winning and rapidly growing educational technology business providing online teaching and learning resources to hundreds of thousands of teachers and students around the world.
Our current online auto-marked homework and revision system lets teachers work more quickly and effectively, saving each teacher five hours a week. It also gives students easy control of their own revision.
Educake combines an ease of use with top quality content. These two drivers underpin everything Educake does, and are responsible for the very rapid growth achieved in the UK schools market.
We are about to start a major project to take the Educake system to the next level and further improve teaching and learning.
We’re looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join us and help produce the very best education technology resources for teachers and students.
You’re a great match if you are a smart all-rounder with experience of building large-scale web applications with LAMP stack and PHP back-end.
Location: Oxford, UK
Hours: 9-5 weekdays
Holiday: 27 days plus bank holidays
Benefits: Pension contributions
You will improve and maintain the Educake web application:
- Improving existing features and building new features
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Understand and implement security and data protection solutions
- Document all the work you do in a clear way
- Ensure your code is thoroughly tested
- Write regression tests for your own code
- Work on optimizations, identify and remove performance bottlenecks
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
You will have:
- Expert knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- MVC Framework experience
- Experience of SQL query optimization
- 5+ years developing, deploying and maintaining high volume production web applications
- A good understanding of version control with Git
- Good understanding of software design and long-term maintenance
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience with Zend Framework
- AWS server management
- Experience with REDIS
You’re a good fit if you:
- Get stuff done, but you also care about the quality of your work
- Are always learning about new technologies and looking to advance your skills
- Like to manage projects with many moving parts
- Want to work in a rapidly changing business
Equality and diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Note: a basic DBS check is required for successful applicants
Please apply with CV and covering letter to email@example.com.