|at Oxford University Press (view profile)|
|Date Posted||25th August 2017|
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Education Division provides books and resources across Primary, Secondary, Trade and Children's markets, both for the UK and for customers around the world. We are passionately committed to our mission to educate and inspire through book board and screen.
About the role
The Platforms & Content Operations team is part of the Technology Group, and is responsible for platform management, technical support, digital production and content operations for the UK Education business.
We are looking for a product owner to manage the business support, governance, and operation of one or more of our customer-facing platforms.
Responsibilities will include:
- Consultation and collaboration:
- Build and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders, in-house development teams and third-party suppliers.
- Align roadmaps for platforms with customer needs and business goals.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to create development plans and contribute to business cases.
- Estimate, manage, and deliver platform work packages for technology projects.
- Carry out platform governance tasks:
- Convene and lead governance groups balancing technical, business and user needs in planning and prioritisation discussions.
- Analyse, model, document and maintain relevant workflows and end-to-end business processes.
- Comply with target operational platform management processes for activities such as testing and release management.
- Carry out platform management tasks:
- Manage the kanban board, ensuring change requests are captured and prioritised.
- Co-ordinate estimation and development activity for tickets.
- Manage minor enhancements from requirements through to acceptance.
- Co-ordinate and carry out user acceptance testing.
- Support business users:
- Advise on best practice and provide expert help.
- Provide training and support to business users.
- Create and maintain appropriate platform documentation.
- Manage access to platforms and tools.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous project or development management experience.
- Experience of working with online customer-facing services.
- Experience of tracking and managing budgets.
- Proven ability to write software requirements.
- High degree of technical understanding.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and quality assurance methodologies.
- Ability to multitask across workstreams and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of working in an Agile scrum team.
- Knowledge of UK schools market and/or educational publishing.
To apply, please visit - https://eu1.advorto.com/OUP/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=21729