|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Date Posted||1st March 2018|
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join the team at Torchbox (https://torchbox.com/). You’ll be taking the lead on building a wide range of bespoke apps for our lovely, interesting clients - organisations like the NHS, the World Food Programme, Google, Médecins Sans Frontières. You'll be helping us improve Wagtail, our popular open source CMS.
To be successful in this role, you'll:
- Be an expert in Python and Django, as well as one or more supporting languages, technologies and frameworks: DRF, JS, Wagtail, React, Vue, Docker, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL.
- Be at expert-level in SQL, Linux command line and git.
- Be confident communicating with clients to elicit clearly defined requirements and convert these into robust technical architecture.
- Be able to proactively assist our clients with improvement and further development of their software.
- Be experienced in producing high-quality technical specifications, documentation and accurately estimating the time required for the build.
- Be confident in providing tests to support code, contributing to testing strategies and providing high-quality user training.
- Have experience producing high-quality code to budget, demonstrating commercial awareness.
- Have the ability to operate as technical lead on projects.
- Be confident contributing to proposals and pitching successfully.
- Provide technical advice to the wider community.
We'd love you to have a current technical blog or an active Github profile. Maybe you're interested in Rust / Go / something we haven't heard of - tell us about it!
As well as the technical knowledge, you'll also:
- Remain up to date with state-of-the-art developments in your software field and share your knowledge with the wider team.
- Be confident keeping projects on track (time and budget) through strong personal project management skills, collaboration and supporting other team members.
- Support colleagues (teaching, coaching, line managing, mentoring, reviewing and improving code).
In return we'll offer:
- An opportunity to work on high profile projects for fantastic organisations making the world a better place.
- Performance-related bonuses.
- Conference allowance.
- 25 days annual leave.
- 5% Pension contributions in an ethical pension fund.
- Life Assurance, Health Scheme, Bike to Work scheme, flexible working and more.
Torchbox is a Best Companies 3-star accredited employer. Working in either our central Bristol office or our Oxfordshire office in the beautiful Cotswolds, we offer a flexible, friendly working environment, with a high-quality team; weekly lunches with your colleagues: BBQs in the summer, curries, pizzas and stews in the winter; great company social events and more.
Torchbox is an Equal Opportunities employer.
No agencies, please.