|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Date Posted||14th February 2018|
At Torchbox (https://torchbox.com/), we build beautiful websites for organisations who are making the world a better and brighter place. At the heart of every site we build is a solid SEO strategy—put simply, we build websites that get found.
We’re looking for an SEO Consultant to join our growing Search Marketing team, located in either Bristol or Charlbury, Oxfordshire. You’ll get the chance to design, develop and deliver SEO strategy for our clients in the non-profit, health, culture, and education sectors. Your work will span technical audits, content strategy, link building, keyword research and much, much more. Ultimately, you’ll take responsibility for helping our clients get found, and stay found—these currently include Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity, Girlguiding, Marine Stewardship Council, Chatham House, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, the Internet Society and many more.
The right candidate for the job will:
- Know keyword strategy inside out. You’ll be comfortable carrying out keyword research, you’ll know how to track rankings over time and you’ll be able to identify and optimise the right content for those keywords.
- Be content-focused. How can our clients think outside the box with regard to content, to bring in new, engaged audiences? How can they make their existing content better for SEO?
- Have excellent, proven technical SEO skills. You’ll understand when to use a robots.txt file over a noindex directive, and you’ll know the value of a properly configured XML sitemap. You’ll have experience identifying issues with how Google crawls a site, and you’ll know how to fix problems when they arise. Google Search Console will never be far from your mind.
- Know how to identify organic opportunities. Knowledge graph results, featured snippets, structured data markup and image search will all be part of your workflow process.
- Understand the value of links. Whether you focus on going after broken links and unlinked mentions, or favour dedicated outreach campaigns, you’ll know how to grow the number of high-quality incoming links that our clients receive
- Be familiar with a range of industry-standard SEO tools. We use Moz, Ahrefs and Screaming Frog, but you’ll no doubt have a favourite tool.
- Know your black hat SEO from your white hat SEO. We do digital for good at Torchbox, and that applies to our SEO work too.
- Ideally, have a strong working knowledge of Google Analytics. Ranking #1 is great, but we care about what happens after the click.
Read about the SEO work we’ve been doing with the NHS, the ongoing SEO consultancy we’ve provided to Meningitis Now, and our thoughts on 2016’s SearchLove conference for a taster of the approaches we take to SEO.
Aside from the hard skills outlined above you’ll:
- Love learning and sharing. Our Search team is built on continual knowledge sharing and skilling up, and the right person for this role will be driven by a desire to continue this tradition.
- Be confident presenting findings to clients, inputting to client pitches and explaining complex information in a simple way.
- Be self-motivated. This role is a new one, and the right person for the job will be involved in defining and developing the scope of Torchbox’s SEO offering. We’ve come this far: you’ll be responsible for taking us much, much further into the realms of organic search.
- Know exactly where to look, and who to follow, for the latest SEO trends, developments and best practices.
In return, we’ll offer an enviable office environment, either on a beautiful country estate on the edge of the Cotswolds or in the centre of Bristol, salary commensurate with experience plus performance-related bonuses, 25 days annual leave, life assurance, a generous ethical-fund pension scheme, health plan, bike to work scheme, conference budget and more. We have weekly team lunches and occasionally we go on incredible team-building trips.
Torchbox is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies, please.