|at Kudos (view profile)|
|Date Posted||26th February 2018|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Skills & Requirements
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improving the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as design reviews and capacity planning
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response
The following attributes are critical to the role:
- You have worked with at least one of AWS, GCP or Azure
- You have experience of managing containers and Linux servers in a production environment
- You can debug and troubleshoot problems across a distributed system
- You exhibit a systematic problem-solving approach
- You fundamentally will not accept doing things over and over by hand
- You can communicate well with both engineers and other members of the business
- You are comfortable coding in one or more of the following: Go, Ruby, Python or shell scripting
Any of the following experiences would be really useful:
- Working within a Continuous Delivery focused environment
- Mentoring other engineers
- Administering MySQL databases
- Management of an Elasticsearch cluster
Alongside the usual 25 days holiday and pension contributions we have the following enticements for you to come and join our awesome team:
- Based in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40, with plenty of parking places. So that's an easy commute with none of the usual Oxford parking stress.
- Your choice of a high spec new Mac or PC.
- We're a small, friendly team which means that you can make a big impact on the product, the process and the culture.
- We're building something worthwhile that matters, and you can help.
- Books! You want a work related book? We'll get it for you.
- Monthly pizza lunches and a plentiful supply of fruit.
Sound interesting? Get in touch for more information or to apply. Email us at email@example.com