|at Kudos (view profile)|
|Date Posted||2nd March 2017|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
About this role
Kudos is a small, friendly, start-up team innovating in the digital publishing space, focused on growing the impact and reach of published research.
Here are the kinds of things that you might typically do:
- Work with the product team to understand business requirements for new features.
- Build a new feature, with tests, working across the full stack of our product.
- Support our sales and marketing teams by answering queries with data analysis.
- Review pull requests from the rest of the team, discussing the approach, design and detail.
- Pair with another member of the team to resolve a production issue or a problem you have been stuck on.
The following attributes are critical to the role:
- You have at least a year’s commercial experience in using the tools and processes of modern software development: a couple of languages, source control with Git, an IDE or text editor and working within agile development processes.
- You write understandable, fully tested code, always thinking about maintainability.
- You have shipped commercial software and have learnt something from that experience.
- You can work independently making relevant technical decisions about your current task.
- You can communicate well with both engineers and other members of the business.
The following experiences would be really useful:
- Working with cloud providers such as AWS or GCP.
- Working in a devops environment.
- Creating a modern web UI.
- Using TDD as part of your development process.
- Working within a Continuous Delivery focused environment.
Kudos (www.growkudos.com) helps researchers, and their publishers and institutions broaden the reach and impact of their published articles. This award-winning service has a global client base, including major publishers such as Wiley, Taylor & Francis and SAGE. Recent analysis of Kudos data indicates that full text downloads on the publisher site are 23% higher when the Kudos toolkit is used. Kudos was named Best New End User Product at the 2014 Charleston Advisor Readers’ Choice Awards and won the 2015 ALPSP Award for Innovation in Publishing. It has been named in Outsell’s “Ten to Watch” for two consecutive years.
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time role with a salary of up to £30,000 pa depending on experience, and 25 days’ annual leave. Based in Wheatley, in beautiful Oxfordshire, close to Oxford and the M40 with plenty of parking. You’ll have your choice of a new Mac or PC and your choice of tools.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter to: James Bloomer, Head of Technology, Kudos, firstname.lastname@example.org