|at Capita Children's Services (view profile)|
|Date Posted||28th July 2016|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
At Capita, we're using the latest engineering techniques and technology to create innovative solutions to transform the provision of Social Care in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a newly established dynamic start-up division working on new development projects within an established FTSE100 company. The best of both worlds!
We're looking for talented engineers, architects and development leaders to join our team in Bicester, where you'll also get to work alongside Product Managers, Domain Experts and a large offshore development team.
Creating useful products begins with lots of prototyping and plenty of iteration. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a delightful experience that never compromises data integrity or security. Every release has the potential to make a real difference to the lives of children and families so we need to get it right. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture.
So - ready for your next exciting career move? Got some of the skills we're looking for, or want to learn a load of new stuff? Want to automate absolutely everything? We'd love to hear from you.
- Establish and own our strategies for Security, Performance & Testing.
- Maintain appropriate (low!) levels of architecture documentation
- Be a champion of quality and automation across all aspects of the delivery and operation
- Define, measure and own our Continuous Delivery strategy.
- Take good care of our API and be a passionate advocate of integration.
- Evaluate technologies for best fit for our solutions
- Play a key role in deciding our Infrastructure & Deployment architecture
- Clear the way for our engineering teams with iterating prototypes and designs
- Tackle tough framework implementations and engineering problems
- Champion operational stability in our designs and implementation.
- Help build a large team of technical experts, coaching and supporting them where you can.
Things we consider critical to the role:
- You've worked on the delivery and operation of large scale, critical systems
- You’ve been writing web applications professionally for 4+ years and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You're an expert in web development (HTTP, JSON and REST web services), and know what a great API looks like
- You're a strong all-rounder, know multiple languages and databases
- You understand security concepts deeply and can put them into action to protect us and our users.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and understand the tradeoffs made when engineering a feature.
- You've experienced good & bad development process, and have a passion for streamlining through automation and tool selection
- You're a strong communicator, with a passion for new technology and a drive to push your boundaries
Some specifics we'd rate you even higher for:
- Experience of data modelling for systems using NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud-based PAAS such as Azure
- A good knowledge of asynchronous messaging patterns
- Some work on Analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing
- Experience of both large enterprise and small start-up environments.