|at Ridgeway (view profile)|
|Date Posted||7th January 2016|
We are seeking a Solutions / Technical Architect to work within our Development Team to lead, drive and define the scope and technical approach for ecommerce and CMS projects for high profile clients including HMV, Twinings, Pure, Rotary Watches and Smithers Group.
This is a pivotal role working with the sales and consultancy teams to engage clients at Discovery workshop stage, and provide your skills and experience to define better, more efficient and higher quality solutions to business problems/challenges. The role will then require you to act as internal technical sponsor for the project, ensuring it is delivered to the defined specification and excellent standards of quality we and our clients expect.
About the role
The role reports to the Development Manager and involves a range of skills and activities across the project lifecycle, including:
- Interpreting business and technical requirements and providing technically robust solutions in-line with Ridgeway’s approach, which push boundaries and underpin successful project delivery.
- Functioning as a cross-project technical lead, providing advice and making autonomous decisions regarding technical approach.
- Taking an active part in discovery workshops, specification writing, detailed effort estimation and collaboration with the consultancy, UX and design team to define the solution architecture.
- Technical pre-sales and consultancy.
- Contribute to the R&D, technical and strategic progression of Ridgeway’s technical services and bring expertise and insight to the wider development team.
Essential skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previously worked in a Solution / Technical Architect or Senior Developer role within an agency environment.
- Have extensive commercial experience of developing mobile-optimised ASP .Net CMS and ecommerce websites.
- Have demonstrable experience of technically leading such projects successfully to conclusion, on time, on budget, to specification, with an awareness of all aspects of solution delivery.
- Have previously defined and written detailed functional and technical specifications for medium and large-scale solutions.
- Have experience providing detailed task breakdowns and accurate estimation for the technical areas of website delivery.
- Have excellent communication, consulting and client-facing skills, interfacing with both technical and non-technically focussed clients.
Desirable skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have familiarity with the Kentico CMS platform or another enterprise CMS such as Sitecore or EPiServer.
- Experience scoping and integrating with 3rd party platforms.
- Have a good awareness of front-end Responsive development approaches, along with a good understanding of browser compliance, SEO and accessibility standards.
- Have a good high-level understanding of Windows Server and hosting environment aspects such as security, caching and CDN’s.