|at Oxford Computer Consultants (view profile)|
|Date Posted||20th December 2017|
Status: Permanent, full-time position
Salary range: £25,000 – £30,000 Depending on experience
Are you interested in breaking into a career in user experience? We are looking for a talented UX Designer to join our design team. We will give you a support and training to build your career. We enjoy working on projects that make positive contribution to society. We design websites, web apps and mobile apps for health, sciences, engineering and social care. Our design team works across the company with the multiple development teams.
One of our design principles is that we meet users early and often. See OCC's design principles.
What you will do
- Solve problems by balancing user needs with business objectives
- Work with senior designers and with clients and teams on UX strategy and establish vision and direction
- Gain experience running user research sessions (such as contextual research, stakeholder workshops, user interviews, usability testing)
- As you become more experienced take ownership of projects
- You are passionate about design, like to advocate good design and have great attention to detail
- You are a motivated individual, full of ideas, eager to learn and share with colleagues
- A bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) in design (e.g. interaction, graphic, product, industrial), Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline
- A portfolio that demonstrates your experience in interaction design, your design thinking and attention to detail (can include academic or personal projects)
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the way the web works
- An interest in technology
- Experience in creating wireframes and clickable prototypes
- Understanding of accessibility and inclusive design
Nice to have
- Visual design skills (including grid systems and typography)
- Some knowledge of HTML/CSS or an interest in learning
- Information design and data visualisation
- A master’s degree in a design (e.g. interaction, graphic, product, industrial), Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Take a look at some of the perks we offer.
To applyPlease send your CV, cover letter, and portfolio. In particular, we would be interested to hear about your process as much as the final outcome.
Tel: 01865 305200