|at Kudos (view profile)|
|Date Posted||23rd July 2018|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Kudos (www.growkudos.com) is an award-winning, fast-growth technology company, with a vision to accelerate the positive impact of research in the world.
Every year, billions is spent on funding research, and yet the time it takes for this knowledge to be applied can be decades. Kudos is changing this by helping researchers communicate more effectively – not only with each other, but also with those that can apply their work to progressing global health, wealth and happiness.
In 2017, Kudos was named within the top 3 most innovative, emerging companies in the global financial and information technology sectors. Our growing team of 15 staff support over 200,000 researchers and our enviable client list includes around 100 major publishers and universities from across the world.
About the Role
We are looking for a User Interface Designer to produce beautiful web designs with an intuitive engaging user experience. The UI Designer will work together with the Product team to create detailed wireframes and then produce development-ready designs, working with the development team directly to respond to any feedback they have and to ensure the designs are implemented consistently.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing elements, from full user flows to specific features that look beautiful and translate accurately into the finished product. You will also work with the marketing team to help produce material consistent with the product brand and visual identity.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure or Balsamiq. You should also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications. If you have experience producing, or assisting in the production of, design documentation such as user journeys, wireframes and flow diagrams that would of real benefit.
You will be a quick learner, innovative and able to manage your own time effectively. Communication will be key in this role as you will need to liaise confidently with stakeholders across different business functions. A degree in UX related discipline or industry experience would be advantageous.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemap
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how pages will look and function
- Design graphic user interfaces including elements such as menus, tabs and widgets
- Creating HTML email designs consistent with the product
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user or developer feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Some familiarity with wireframing tools
- Up-to-date with latest UI trends and techniques
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
This is a full-time office-based role, situated at a beautiful rural location close to Oxford and the M40, with good public transport links and free parking. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave
- Company pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly pizza lunches
- Free fruit
Please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you are right for this role, to: David Sommer, Product Director: David@GrowKudos.com.