|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Location||Oxford or Bristol|
|Date Posted||23rd May 2017|
Torchbox are looking for a User Experience Architect and confident problem solver to join our team in Bristol or Charlbury. You’ll get the chance to produce rewarding digital solutions to real world problems for our clients in the non-profit, health, culture, and education sectors whilst helping them to improve the user experience of their products and services.
What you’ll be doing
The position includes a research element to ensure we’re following a user-centred design process.
- Have a strong sense of how to gather insights that will inform design decisions.
- Be getting your hands dirty running workshops and performing interviews with users and stakeholders.
- Be designing and testing prototypes with real users.
- Help define information architecture and user flows.
- Work with our clients to model and produce prototype content as part of a Content First process.
- The successful candidate will work alongside talented developers, designers and project managers from our Central Bristol office, or our Oxfordshire office in Charlbury.
To get the best out of this position you will need:
- Experience uncovering user needs and contexts using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Confidence to plan, run and analyse stakeholder and user interviews in a format that provides the greatest level of insight.
- Knowledge of creating and testing information architecture.
- The ability to sketch and prototype on paper, using prototyping tools and even in HTML
- A workflow that supports designing user flows for task completion.
- Experience identifying performance metrics and designing to improve KPIs.
- The ability to plan and perform usability tests.
- Have good working knowledge of accessibility, web standards and browser / device capabilities.
- The ability to champion UX and share insights within a project team.
- The ability to reduce complexity in online processes.
- Two years minimum experience in a relevant position.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have an in depth understanding of current technologies and how to include them in their work.
- Demonstrate passion for digital and UX design.
- Be a creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to explain complex ideas in a way that others understand.
- Always have the end user in mind.
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills (this might mean writing detailed reports or getting up and talking in front of 30 people).
- Show Initiative, motivation and the ability to self-direct.
- Be able to work quickly and flexibly.
In return we’ll offer an enviable office environment, either on a beautiful country estate on the edge of the Cotswolds or in the centre of Bristol, salary commensurate with experience plus performance-related bonus and 25 days annual leave. We have regular team lunches and we occasionally go on incredible team-building trips.
Interested? Apply and explain why we’d be crazy not to ask you for an interview.
Please include examples of your work including an outline of the UX research/design process you follow, wireframes, prototypes, IA and research documentation etc.
Please also demonstrate how you display a passion for digital and UX design. This could be by telling us about a great workshop you’ve attended, showing us a blog you write or anything else you think is relevant. We’re looking for people that are eager to stand out from the crowd!
Strictly no agencies please.