|at Torchbox (view profile)|
|Date Posted||22nd January 2018|
2-5 years minimum experience delivering UX tasks on digital products and services.
Torchbox (https://torchbox.com/) are looking for a User Experience Consultant to join our team in Bristol or Charlbury, Oxfordshire. You’ll get the chance to produce rewarding digital solutions to real-world problems for our clients in the non-profit, health, culture, and education sectors.
Reasons to be excited about this role:
- You’ll be working with international clients that really make a difference in the world.
- You’ll be part of a small, growing UX team so you’ll be able to champion how you work and quickly see your ideas come to fruition.
- You’ll get an annual training budget to use on the areas that interest you most.
- You’ll get the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of Torchbox’s open source Content Management System Wagtail used by some of tech’s biggest names.
You’ll need to:
- Have a strong sense of how to deliver UX research and gather insights that will inform design decisions.
- Get your hands dirty running workshops, interviews and testing with users and stakeholders alike.
- Understand how content-rich websites work and be comfortable nerding out on good UX.
- Know your card sorting from your tree testing and feel comfortable defining navigation patterns.
- Work with our clients to model and produce prototype content as part of a Content First process.
- Work alongside talented developers, designers and project managers as part of small multi-disciplinary teams.
To get the best out of this position you will need:
- Experience uncovering user needs using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Confidence to plan, run and analyse interviews, workshops and user testing studies in a format that produces the greatest level of insight.
- Knowledge of creating and testing information architecture.
- The ability to design user journeys that focus on task completion.
- Have good working knowledge of accessibility, web standards and browser/device capabilities.
- The ability to champion UX and share insights within a project team through collaboration techniques and UX documentation.
For extra points!
- Experience sketching and prototyping on paper, using prototyping tools and even in HTML.
- Experience of working with Government Digital Service Standards.
- Experience identifying and tracking UX and business performance metrics.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of current technologies and how to include them in their work.
- Demonstrate passion for digital and UX design.
- Be a creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to explain complex ideas in a way that others understand.
- Always have the end user in mind.
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills (this might mean writing detailed reports or getting up and talking in front of 30 people).
- Show Initiative, motivation and the ability to self-direct.
- Be able to work quickly and flexibly.
In return, we’ll offer an enviable office environment, either on a beautiful country estate on the edge of the Cotswolds or in the centre of Bristol, salary commensurate with experience plus performance-related bonuses, 25 days annual leave, life assurance, a generous ethical-fund pension scheme, health plan, childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme and more. We have weekly team lunches and have incredible team-building trips.
Interested? Apply and explain why we’d be crazy not to ask you for an interview.
Please include examples of your work as a UX Consultant including an outline of the UX research/design process you follow, wireframes, prototypes, IA and research documentation etc.
Please also demonstrate how you display a passion for digital and UX. This could be by telling us about a great workshop you’ve attended, showing us a blog you write or anything else you think is relevant. We’re looking for people that are eager to stand out from the crowd!
Torchbox is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies please.