|Date Posted||30th June 2017|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency based near Oxford with an impressive list of clients. Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to join our established UX team.
The role and responsibilities
- Defining user-interface design, navigation, structure, and hierarchy to serve as a blueprint for all web experiences including mobile and responsive
- Working with clients to understand their business models and goals, and presenting deliverables to both internal teams, clients and stakeholder groups
- Organising information by creating wireframes, sitemaps, work-flows, content inventories, specification documents, user scenarios and prototypes, along with thorough documentation and annotations of UI control behaviour
- Working on all sizes of project to ensure user centered design principles and methodology are consistently applied
- Analysing target audiences, user behaviours, key metrics, and functional specifications to execute user-friendly, goal-oriented solutions
- Defining the most effective nomenclature, taxonomy classes and calls-to-action for user interfaces and navigational elements
- Analysing site data to improve user experience post launch
Essential skills and experience you’ll need
- At least 3 years commercial experience of user experience and user interface design working on medium to large, complex websites and mobile applications
- Expertise in prototyping and mockup tools such as Sketch, Moqups, InVision, Axure or Balsamiq to deliver UI wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, data modeling and prototypes of varying fidelity
- Expertise in creating engaging user interface designs using tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, illustrator, Principal
- Strong typography and layout skills are essential
- A confident communicator with good presentation and organisational skills
- Expertise in user experience design processes, techniques and methodologies
- Expertise in human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to digital platforms
Other desirable skills and experience
- Usability testing software and user testing experience.
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Cakes on your birthday.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org