|Date Posted||20th June 2017|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency based near Oxford with an impressive list of clients. Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our established development team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting websites and digital projects.
You will have a passion for coding and new technologies with a portfolio of sites / projects that clearly demonstrate your skills and capabilities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Website and web application development, optimised across multiple browsers and device platforms
- Work across a broad range of exciting projects for different clients and big brands
- Help to recommend, plan and develop dynamic web and digital projects
- Be involved at all stages of the design and development process
- Work closely with the UX, design, SEO and project management teams
- Testing and support of new and existing solutions
- Stay up-to-date with current web trends and new technologies and have a desire to push the boundaries.
- Work in a variety of development processes, including Agile
Technical Skills & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress and/or Drupal, PHP and MySQL including modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony, Zend and Laravel
- Extensive experience of developing and testing responsive websites for multiple browsers, platforms and devices
- Skilled in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Experience of using version control systems – ideally Subversion or Git
- Experience of automated testing (for example PhpUnit, Behat or PhpSpec) and automated deployment and continuous integration (Travis, Jenkins) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices
- Possess good understanding of accessibility standards
- Good understanding of in-depth testing methodologies and procedures
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail and a pride in your work
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Cakes on your birthday.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.