|Date Posted||16th April 2019|
Does the opportunity to join a fully funded, 2 year old startup flick your switch? We’ve done the hard work of bringing the product to market. The next 12 months is all about growth.
Are you curious, always learning and able to see ways of fixing or improving things even when they’re not broken. Do you have a positive outlook and a can-do attitude?
Do you have a keen interest in software architecture? Are you willing to ‘always be learning’? Does taking on new and difficult challenges make you thrive? Are you passionate about creating high quality software within complex systems and able to contribute at all stages of the product lifecycle?
Then you might find you like working at Bimble and if so, we’d love to hear from you. An interest in location based services and/or geospatial solutions is by no means expected but won’t do you any harm 😉
Other than an Aeron chair and a Macbook, we are offering a competitive salary, a friendly and collaborative team environment and the opportunity to get fully involved in shaping Bimble’s future. Our office is in Summertown, Oxford.
We'd like to see an up-to-date copy of your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll also be setting a test for your to complete. You can find more about what we do by visiting https://bimble.com
We’re looking for an enthusiastic mid to senior level back end developer to join our tech team of 3 developers and 2 designers. We’re actively hiring and our team is about to grow to 9 people in-house. We will be scaling rapidly in the next 12 months and you will play a pivotal role developing the back end of our web app, as well as our API which will also support our upcoming iOS app. You will be fully immersed in the full development life cycle, including project management and product design.
You will be working with a group of highly talented and passionate people to not only develop, but shape the architecture and future of a unique platform that allows users to organise, save and share their Place Knowledge https://www.linkedin.com/company/bimbleapp/about
We are working with what we believe are the best tools that are currently available, and we constantly look to improve and renew. In order to achieve the best result in this fast paced, constantly evolving period for Bimble, you will need to be able to adapt quickly and learn fast. Work at Bimble is varied and fun. We overcome the inevitable challenges of building a cutting-edge platform by working together, staying true to our principles, and learning from our mistakes and failures.
- Taking responsibility for developing and maintaining all the back end features of our web app, reporting to our co-founder.
- Working with our iOS developer to architect any new features required in order to support the app.
- Collaborating positively and effectively with the design and product teams
- Informed and engaged about all things back-end.
- Happy and comfortable experimenting and figuring out the best approach for each scenario.
- Working to a runway deadline, in a fast-paced, experimental environment.
- Manage our cloud infrastructure using Google Cloud.
- Responsible for the back-end development of our webapp.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining our API to support our iOS app.
- Architecting our code and infrastructure for performance and scalability.
- Continuously optimise our data storage implementations to fit the growing needs of our application.
- Work with the rest of our team to build, test and release new features as well as optimise our current codebase.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Strong experience in Python (for writing web based applications)
- Several years of experience in writing complex web-based applications using a framework. (Eg: Django, Symfony, Rails etc)
- Experience with managing cloud infrastructure (Eg: GCP or AWS)
- Experience with deploying and running an application on a Platform as a Service such as Google App Engine.
- Strong knowledge and experience with NoSQL databases.
- Proficient understanding of architecting cloud systems for scalability and stability.
- Experience of managing back-end infrastructure as well as using managed cloud solutions.
- Experience in connecting several services and integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Google Cloud Platform (AppEngine, Cloud Datastore, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Cloud Vision)
- Python (Flask framework)
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
To apply, please send us an email along with your CV to email@example.com