|Date Posted||8th February 2020|
Salary depending on skills and experience plus benefits
We have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. We have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to our future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Data and Analytics Manager role is an exciting and challenging opportunity to grow a data and analytics capability within Oxford University Press’ sales team. We are looking to add an ambitious and highly numerate individual who can excel in this role, taking an opportunity to demonstrate best practices in data and analytics. The focus of the role is deep analysis of the end-to-end sales processes, identifying and improving data quality, analysing for themes and answering ‘so what’ questions while also building better models which will help us reach more customers with our content.
In this role you will be required to dealing with large and complex datasets representing millions of customers, orders and sales interactions. You will be leveraging this vast dataset to spot business trends and provide meaningful analysis, building data driven models to understand customer behaviour and utilising statistical methods to understand where and how to improve our sales business.
Responsibilities will include to:
- Ensure data meets high levels of data quality and integrity.
- Deliver analytics to demonstrate new insights from our data.
- Provide information and analysis essential for sales planning, strategy development and ongoing performance improvement.
- Analyse sales trends to help identify opportunities for growth and development.
- Communicate findings senior leadership across the organisation helping to facilitate business decisions based on analysis.
- Able to develop and manage large and complex data to act as a basis for analysis.
- Numerate and skilled in the synthesis of granular data, spotting patterns, trends and anomalies, with an ability to distil it down into a well-structured story with clear implications.
- Confident presentation (both written and oral) skills to put findings from analysis and insight into clear terms which shapes decisions made by customers, senior management and other key groups across the organisation.
- Keen to develop knowledge and be seen as an expert to help others develop their skills to enhance our use of data throughout the organisations.
- Motivated and organised individual with a reliable approach to fulfilling data and insight needs.
- Enjoys problem solving and finding new solutions.
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of data processing methodologies, research and analytic tools especially SQL and Alteryx.
- Knowledge and experience of a research/analytical packages and report writing tools to deliver key insights e.g. Tableau, Power BI.
- Knowledge of statistical methods for analysing data and/or programme skills e.g. python
We care about work/life balance here at OUP. With this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday that rises with service, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure (3-days) and a 35-hour working week. We are open to discussing flexibility in respect of working hours and the use of technology to support regular remote working, dependent on role. We also have an on-site gym with subsidised membership fees and a great variety of active employee networks and societies.
We help make your money go further by contributing to your pension up to 11%, offering loans and savings schemes through our partnership with Salary Finance, in addition to travel to work schemes and access to a wide range of local discounts.
Please see our Rewards and Recognition page for more information.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries relating to this role.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.