|Date Posted||17th June 2019|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Developer to join our team in Oxford (9-month FTC).
The Developer will work with the Lead Developer and Head of Production to manually refactor Flash activities to HTML and ensure they work within our web application. The Developer will be working to a tight timeline and making strategic decisions in collaboration with other team members to improve the speed of the project and reduce risk. You will have the freedom to select appropriate technologies to use to elegantly solve unique conversion challenges, while paying special attention to ensuring functionality across a range of devices and browsers and fidelity of the HTML version to the original Flash source file.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide. Our Oxford office; Boardworks forms part of the GL Assessment group which focusses on delivering high quality education resources that cover UK, US and international curricula and are a good fit for current classroom practices. Our development team is currently working on converting a large repository of Flash-based educational materials to HTML. The ideal candidate should be up for the challenges that Flash poses and be able to think of creative solutions that will help drive the project forward.
You will be:
- Refactoring Flash educational content to HTML, clarifying functionality and requirements with editorial team.
- Deciding appropriate technologies to use to provide quickest and most accurate conversion possible.
- Working closely with other members of the development team to ensure consistent approach to conversion across all content, and to share ideas and knowledge.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working to a strict deadline.
- At least 2 years’ experience software development experience.
- Experience working collaboratively within a small team of developers and communicating with non-development individuals.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to conform to established in-house coding conventions.
- Previous use of Git and NodeJS.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple projects effectively; thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A confident and clear communicator.
- Able to take initiative, offering effective solutions to problems.
- A thorough and meticulous person with a keen eye for detail; has a good understanding of the importance of rigorous quality assurance in the context of educational resources for classroom and independent use.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to email@example.com