|Date Posted||15th December 2017|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Why should you choose Ethex?
Ethex is an award winning, not for profit positive investment platform and we've raised over £60m investment in the last 4 years. Just think what we can do with your help!
- A fantastic opportunity to help grow an award winning Fintech social enterprise!
- Flexible working hours are available if it works for you and us.
- An opportunity to work with mission driven, happy people.
- 25 days holiday a year plus some extra days around Christmas when we close to have a rest.
- Opportunities to visit some of the social businesses we are supporting to see positive impact on the ground.
- Statutory pension scheme
- Plenty of bike racks to stash your bike
- Lots more benefits in development!
This role will be instrumental in helping to support the continued growth of Ethex as the positive savings and investment platform, including Ethex’s recently launched joint venture - Energise Africa. Working as a key part of the organisation, the Digital Product Manager will be focused on ensuring our investors have a first class customer journey as well as increasing our customer retention and acquisition rates.
Ethex’s mission is to help millions of everyday people invest directly into businesses that are committed to making positive change in the world. We call this positive investing, and we’re building a movement of positive investors. It’s never been done before but we’re up for the challenge.
Making positive choices with your money is one of the powerful ways of enabling positive change in the world. Through your investment, Ethex helps businesses do great things like building new renewable energy schemes, providing more social and affordable housing, creating sustainable food and agriculture schemes and enabling fair trade. This means you get to feel good about what your money is doing as well as get a financial return. As Ethex attracts more investors, this leads to more investment in businesses and results in greater impact.
The Ethex website brings together a wide selection of great businesses to makes it easy to find positive investments that speak to you. We are thought leaders in the positive investment space, so we can bring you the latest news and innovations and provide simple and clear information to help you make informed decisions. However much money you have to save or invest, you can be part of the movement and make money do good.
Since 2013, multi-award winning Ethex has helped raise over £60 million of investment for 55+ charities, social businesses and community organisations, from over 12,500 positive savers and investors.
About Energise Africa
Energise Africa is a ground-breaking initiative that provides people with the opportunity to invest in a range of pioneering businesses that install life-changing solar systems in homes in Sub-Saharan Africa – bringing clean energy and economic opportunities to families, whilst aiming to generate a 4-6 % annual return for investors.
Brought to you by two of Europe’s online impact investing platforms Ethex and Lendahand and supported by UK aid and Virgin Unite, Energise Africa intends to provide the critical investment needed to provide 110,000 rural families with access to clean and affordable energy over the next 3 years.
Digital Product Manager
The Ethex platform is at the core of our business. From the moment investors first visit the platform we need to give them a feeling of professionalism, trust and a good user experience.
The Ethex platform is a proprietary website but it is hosted and developed by our platform partner. The digital product manager will be responsible for working with the Head of Platform to optimise and improve the platform to be best in class. You will have an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, applying intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our investors and businesses with your work.
In detail the digital product manager will:
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand and translate emerging customer requirements and develop them into detailed product roadmaps, and feature specifications.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for business and functional requirements and be able to deliver the following items: business and functional requirements documents, user stories, wireframes, and process flow models.
- Work with our platform partner to estimate cost and time to deliver new product features.
- Collaborate with our platform partner and subject matter experts to establish and drive the technical vision and determine project timelines, deliverables and resource needs.
- Use project management skills to ensure on-time delivery of each product and feature launch.
- Effectively manage and escalate trade-offs between cost/schedule versus customer benefit.
- Work with the appropriate teams to provide product support.
- Develop and use your understanding of competitive offerings to help drive strategy and execution activities.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing to validate and process the approval of new features prior to release.
- Investigate/troubleshoot application issues and document details for the platform partner to address as appropriate.
- Prioritize and schedule product bug fixes, improvements, and/or enhancements as well as new solutions as appropriate.
- Nurture partner relationships.
- Help Ethex to setup and operate A/B testing
This role requires an individual with a high level of analytical ability, strong communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a small team. There is an opportunity for the candidate to be promoted within the organisation after 6 months.
- 3+ years of experience working in a business analyst, product manager, or similar role delivering software products to market. Strong in UX / UI and information architecture, both for front end and internal application users
- Self-starter, accustomed to working in a changing environment who enjoys and takes pride in technical solution delivery.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience building and managing business requirements and turning them into detailed technical design specifications.
- Experience in rapid application development methodologies - agile, scrum, etc. preferred
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences.
- Significant experience of content management platforms
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a fast moving environment.
- A commitment to social and environmental issues.
- Knowledge of financial services
- Experience of managing external suppliers
- Experience of managing online operations
- Experience of using and developing data management systems e.g. ability to create macros in excel, google analytics.
This is a permanent post with a three-month probationary period. Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply for this role.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the heart of bringing the best positive investment and saving opportunities to individuals wanting to Make Money Do Good.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Help@ethex.org.uk. CV’s should be no more than 2 pages. Please title the email Digital Product Manager application.