|Date Posted||27th February 2020|
We have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. We have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to our future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Digital Publishing Manager to plan and implement assigned digital products and content, ensuring functionality is delivered and editorial value added according to specification and schedule while meeting business needs.
Reporting into the Digital Production and QA Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for defining, planning and delivering content with in house and external resource for existing and new products whilst communicating, resource requirements for assigned products.
Please note this is a fixed term contract of 26 weeks, with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate…
- Successful management and ownership of projects from proposal to final delivery of a live product.
- First class prioritisation and organisational skills
- A pro-active, can do attitude
- Some editorial experience in delivering content for digital publication
- Experience of managing multiple editorial projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with academic publishing, providing the ability to deal credibly with editors, as well as technical staff
- Experience in Prince 2 or Agile project management would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with both UK and International colleagues and stakeholders
We care about work/life balance here at OUP. With this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday that rises with service, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure (3-days) and a 35-hour working week. We are open to discussing flexibility in respect of working hours and the use of technology to support regular remote working, dependent on role. We also have an on-site gym with subsidised membership fees and a great variety of active employee networks and societies.
We help make your money go further by contributing to your pension up to 11%, offering loans and savings schemes through our partnership with Salary Finance, in addition to travel to work schemes and access to a wide range of local discounts.
Please see our Rewards and Recognition page for more information.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries relating to this role.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.