|Date Posted||24th February 2020|
As our English Content Editor dedicated to our European market, you will be mostly, but not only, contributing to Redshift which is Autodesk’s premier owned-media channel and storytelling destination for the future of making. Redshift seeks to inspire and engage professionals in construction, manufacturing, architecture, and infrastructure, attracting both established customers and prospects interested in technology, innovation, and industry trends. Whether Redshift readers are entry-level engineers or C-suite executives, Redshift aims to surprise, intrigue, and inform them through well-researched, expertly reported, and provocative written and visual storytelling.
Redshift content falls into three overarching categories, usually featuring an Autodesk customer in some capacity: insight (industry trends, new tools or technologies, thought leadership, data-based research), impact (sustainability, stories about solving social and environmental problems), and advice (tips on how to win business, save time or money, build efficiencies, avoid disruption, etc.).
As a Content Editor, you bring a strong background in journalism, writing, and long-form editing, ensuring all original content includes the following:
- A compelling storyline, angle, or hook—not a product case study
- A human and/or emotional element
- A credible source (or sources) to be interviewed and quoted
- A focus on strategic Autodesk industries, technologies, or topics
- A clear narrative that is interesting to read and supported with data, facts, and strong reporting
Specifically, your duties include:
- Ensuring assigned content comes in on time and production deadlines are met
- Editing content (articles, e-books, infographics, etc.) for clarity, tone, voice, grammar, and style
- Researching and developing article synopses/briefs to share with writers and other editors
- Communicating with writers to work through multiple drafts as needed
- Fact-checking all claims and data and ensuring appropriate links are included
- Routing original content to internal and external stakeholders for review and approval, incorporating changes or explaining reasons why not
- Sourcing and resizing visual content to accompany original articles
- Writing headlines, metadescriptions, image captions, and social-media copy for original content
- Entering article info and tracking production in content-marketing platform DivvyHQ
- Reviewing/proofreading localized content
- Contributing original articles, including identifying sources and conducting interviews, as needed
- Staging all original and localized articles for publication in WordPress
- Interfacing with various team members and service providers as needed
- Attending editorial planning and/or status meetings with your content lead
If you are interested, thank you for sending your resume along with samples of your work to email@example.com.
Subject line: Application for the position of English Content Editor via D.O.