|Date Posted||16th April 2019|
Does the opportunity to join a fully funded, 2 year old startup flick your switch? We’ve done the hard work of bringing the product to market. The next 12 months is all about growth.
Are you curious, always learning and able to see ways of fixing or improving things even when they’re not broken. Do you have a positive outlook and a can-do attitude? Then you might find you like working at Bimble and if so, we’d love to hear from you.
An interest in location based services and/or geospatial solutions is by no means expected but won’t do you any harm 😉
Other than an Aeron chair and a Macbook, we are offering a competitive salary, a friendly and collaborative team environment and the opportunity to get fully involved in shaping Bimble’s future. Our office is in Summertown, Oxford.
We'd like to see an up-to-date copy of your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Email us at email@example.com. You can find more about what we do by visiting https://bimble.com
We’re looking for an enthusiastic mid to senior level front end developer to join our tech team of 3 developers and 2 designers. We’re actively hiring and our team is about to grow to 9 people in-house.
- Taking responsibility for developing and maintaining all the front end features of our web app.
- Collaborating positively and effectively with the design and product teams
- Informed and engaged about all things front-end.
- Happy and comfortable experimenting and figuring out the best approach for each scenario. Working to a runway deadline, in a fast-paced, experimental environment.
- Ensure best practices in our front-end architecture.
- Integrate with our back-end and other APIs to build new user facing features.
- Work with UX and UI designers as well as with the product team to rapidly prototype, build, test and release new ideas.
- Ensure the usability, accessibility and compatibility of our webapp across a wide range of modern devices and browsers.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS including best practices, build tools and pre-processors.
- Understanding and experience of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to work around them effectively.
- Experience with implementing a responsive design across a wide range of screen sizes.
- Proficient understanding of version control software such as Git.
- Experience with developing software in a collaborative environment with multiple team members working on the same codebase.
- Understanding of SEO principles to the extent to which they relate to front end development.
- Experience communicating with JSON based APIs through a front-end application.
- Experience creating and working with a reusable front-end component library.
- Google Cloud Platform (AppEngine, Cloud Datastore, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Cloud Vision)
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays