|Date Posted||4th February 2020|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
We’re disrupting the world of online education with our unique digital classroom experience. We currently provide online courses for adults in Gardening, Floristry, Photography, Antiques, Food & Drink and Jewellery to customers in 58 countries around the world, as well as providing our services for a number of business and education customers. We work with highly acclaimed expert tutors, many of whom are household names.
We’re a small, tight-knit and collaborative team at the beginning of a period of rapid growth with lots of exciting and creative projects in the pipeline.
We fundamentally believe that our students, our expert tutors and our partners deserve an experience that is clear, consistent, human and joyful.
You will help us push the boundaries of online education by building our unique online classroom with real-time chat and file sharing, enhancing our video broadcast platform, developing our rich online communities and optimising our online store.
As our first front-end developer you’ll spend your time focussing on meeting these goals through building beautiful, consistent and intuitive interfaces and the continual development of our design system.
You’ll work closely with our CTO, Head of Engineering and Creative Director to scope, build, test and deploy updates to our platform.
Our technology stack is hosted at AWS, using a combination of Rails, Postgres, Node, Serverless and automated test, deploy and monitoring of services to ensure quick, safe and regular deployments.
Our UI is based on reusable React components, tested with Storybook and connected to our other services using GraphQL.
What you will do
- Help to shape the product roadmap
- Deliver against the product roadmap
- Feedback on design projects
- Implement Sketch designs into re-usable components
- Build, test and deploy new features
- Help to create consistent email templates
- You are passionate about user experience, with a want to build great things for our customers
- You have a drive to improve the developer experience alongside the customer experience
- You are creative, open to learning new things and fastidious in your approach to building features and components
- You have demonstrable experience of building React components
- You are able to write standards and multi-device compliant responsive CSS (any exposure to PostCSS is a bonus)
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit and might already be working at an early stage start-up and/or working on a consumer product
- You have a desire to apply your creativity to a product used by students and experts around the world
- Like us, you love learning, and collaborating, we’re big fans of pair programming and peer review
- It’d be a bonus if you have any experience with Ruby on Rails, Serverless development, Amazon Web Services, React native or iOS/Android app development
- 22 days paid holiday
- The opportunity to work flexibly. We all work a lot from our city centre office, but also remotely too.