|Date Posted||10th June 2019|
Come and be part of a team that is driven by the desire to share the magic of our university experiences (and the cities where we had them) with the wider world. Join us as we find more exceptional educational opportunities and connect them to knowledge-hungry students.
Oxford Summer Courses is in the process of developing a suite of online courses to open up its exceptional educational experiences across the globe. This role will be vital to the development of these courses, working within an entirely new Agile Scrum team, within a sprint rhythm. The team is tasked with creating, testing, and launching an entirely new educational product to complement Oxford Summer Courses’ high quality in person courses. Work can be remote or in person, but remote workers must be able to travel occasionally to Oxford for meetings.
Initially for 12 weeks, with a possibility for later contract extension.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs;
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability;
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS;
- Good understanding of ReactJS;
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them;
- Experience working to Agile/Scrum methodology;
- Experience in Edtech product development desirable.