|Date Posted||29th June 2019|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
You'll be responsible for our internal & external software development teams and prioritising what we build to achieve the business' goals.
You should possess strategic thinking and a strong commercial understanding, being well-versed in modern tech stacks, software project management and DevOps. We also expect you to be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and management skills.
About Venture Harbour
Venture Harbour exists to create exponential growth for companies, economies, and our people. We do this by creating a new ambitious venture that accelerates small business growth each year.
Our latest ventures include Serene (a MacOS Electron application that helps remote workers improve their focus), and LeadFormly (a Laravel web app that helps businesses capture 3X more leads through their websites by incorporating best practices in behavioral economics & psychology).
We value three things at Venture Harbour:
- Doing work you're proud to put your name to
- Persistent self-improvement
- Bold thinking
Each year we work on a different set of ventures, which demands continuous personal & professional growth. This focus on continuous growth is what has enabled us to become one of the 30 fastest-growing technology companies in the UK.
You'll play an essential role in helping us to grow the company by being responsible for the following areas:
Tech Lead Fullstack Developer responsibilities:
- Implement and refine systems & processes to increase the frequency & stability of deployments
- Maintain security & uptime across our ventures
- Project manage the development pipeline
- Expand the development team
- Mentor the development team to achieve goals
- Oversee deployments
- Set KPIs & monitor/oversee performance & development budgets
- Manage development team training plans
- Manage external teams (development agencies/contractors/DevOps/QA)
- Find and implement new technologies that keep our tech stack current
Tech Lead required experience:
- Experience with modern DevOps/CI/CD technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, BitBucket Pipelines etc)
- Back-end system design experience
- Security essentials, session management, etc.
- Experience with modern frameworks & languages (our current ventures are primarily built on Laravel, Electron, and React), though we are always keen to explore new frameworks.
- Development team management experience
- Experience planning agile sprints
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting servers (AWS/Digital Ocean).
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making an impact early and regularly - build your skills, while driving the technology forward to help millions of people through our ventures.
- Clear progression & compensation growth plan - our compensation follows a clear formula and we aim for everyone to receive one pay rise per year.
- Flexible working hours & remote/working from home
- £1,000+ annual learning budget for conferences & training
- Unlimited books (+ a well-stocked office library)
- Two 3-day team retreats per year (inc. a 1-day team hackathon)
- Comprehensive private health insurance with Vitality for you and your family (inc. spouses & kids).
- Free catered lunches
- High-spec top of the range equipment (laptop + screens)
- Herman Miller Aeron chair and/or VariDesk standing desk
- Gym discounts, free cinema tickets, free Starbucks coffee, flight & hotels discounts and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- The beautiful Howbery Park office (we work from an 18th-century manor house overlooking 70 acres of stunning grounds)
- You'll be part of a small, inclusive and tight-knit team with exceptional colleagues to learn from and share your knowledge with
- + much more
Salary: £45,000 - £70,000 starting salary with the potential to earn more dependant on experience and performance.
Location: Oxfordshire / open to remote within 3 hours commute of Oxfordshire, as you'll be required to visit the Oxfordshire office at least once a month.