|Date Posted||11th November 2019|
|Never Expire||Never Expire|
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Geospatial Solutions Architect will provide Geospatial-specific expertise and leadership within a software engineering function and contribute to the architectural best practices and standards of the Catapult. He/she will
- Work with the User Centred Design team, clients and users to gather requirements and specifications. Will be the key person in determining scope of project.
- Be updated on top of current and emerging technologies.
- Ensure adherence to key enterprise and best practices with by taking into standards and constraints into account.
- Lead a team of developers and ensure specifications and requirements are clearly articulated to the development teams.
- Monitor timelines & progress of project and team with adherence to specifications.
- Work with outside vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of a software solution
Required Skills and Experience:
We are looking for a broad range of knowledge from (but not exclusive to and, certainly not expecting all of) the following lists:
- Geospatial Technologies, such as ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and Server, Google Earth Engine, QGIS, MapInfo, QGIS, ENVI, FME Desktop, FME Server, GeoServer, GIS and EO data portals and providers, DigitalGlobe GBDX
- Database Software, such as PostgreSQL/PostGIS, MS SQL Server, NoSQL
- Demonstrable experience designing, defining and managing the development of geospatial solutions
- Ability to identify customer requirements, analyze alternatives and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform and network configurations
- Familiarity with geospatial software and hardware engineering standards and best practices
- Applying design patterns (e.g. service orientated architectures) to solutions
- Experience with earth observation technologies and data
- Ability to exercise creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading edge technology and/or integrating diverse user systems
- Ability to influence others in a matrixed environment and develop techniques to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Ability to drive timely completion of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to stake holders with varying levels of technical expertise, in verbal as well as in written form
- Ability to work well under pressure while retaining focus and composure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
Some great to have(s):
- AI (Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision) knowledge/interest
- Experience in agile software development frameworks and methodologies
- Recognised certification in Solutions/Enterprise/Technical Architecture
- As an organisation that works globally, additional languages can be advantageous
- Can communicate through sketching and whiteboard markers as if they are a natural extension of your hand
If you are up for the challenge and thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment, apply right away with your CV, a link to your digital portfolio and a covering letter.